• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jumping

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I thought rabbits were supposed to be clever when it came to jumping and only try to jump on things they could actually reach?

Maddie a few days ago tried to jump up next to the front door, there was nothing to jump on! She's also just tried to jump on the kitchen side and got absolutely nowhere near it, barely half way up it. Silly bunny is going to hurt herself if she's not careful! :?

Not always :roll: though my guys are pretty good at reaching what they are aiming for! They have been good recently, I think they might have grown out of launching themselves skyward for no apparent reason!!!

My two don't seem like very good jumpers! It took them a month to learn they could jump onto the sofa. It took Maddie nearly 3 months to realise she could use the stairs and Millie still hasn't got further than the 4th step.

Maddie realised she could jump on top of their cage base last weekend and insisted on doing it all afternoon even though she couldn't really walk along the top because there's gaps in it and her feet kept falling through!

My two don't seem like very good jumpers! It took them a month to learn they could jump onto the sofa. It took Maddie nearly 3 months to realise she could use the stairs and Millie still hasn't got further than the 4th step.

Maddie realised she could jump on top of their cage base last weekend and insisted on doing it all afternoon even though she couldn't really walk along the top because there's gaps in it and her feet kept falling through!

It would be a good idea to put something solid to cove the gaps, even cable tied cardboard. It would be very sad if she got her leg stuck during one of her adventerous jumping sprees.

It would be a good idea to put something solid to cove the gaps, even cable tied cardboard. It would be very sad if she got her leg stuck during one of her adventerous jumping sprees.

I'm keeping the lid open now when they are free range as I think she can make it on to the kitchen side from the top and stuff on the kitchen side is definitely not bunny proof!

Back