• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aggression

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
I have two 6 month old Rex sisters who are booked in to be spayed tomorrow.

They were both out in the run yesterday and when I went to get them in one of them showed some real aggression :shock:

She lunged at me and was grunting constantly. Ive heard rabbits grunt before but this was non-stop. Then she started to chase her sister, ears flat back.

Please tell me its just hormones and she'll settle after she's spayed :cry: It took me about ten mins to get her in without being bitten!

It sounds hormonal to me. Best of luck with the surgeries x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, does sound hormonal, I think the spay has come just at the right time :thumb: And as it's new behaviour and not something that's been learnt hopefully it will disappear along with the hormones after the spay. Can you try luring them in to a carrier with pellets if you have to move them? That's what I had to do with a Rex buck I had years ago, he was so aggressive I couldn't clean him out without being bitten unless I had him either shut in his carrier or well diverted with treats :shock: neutering did improve his behaviour but unfortunately not much, but I think his behaviour had become habit.

As well as hormones, it sounds like Spring fever! It seems to have hit in the last week or two! :lol:

Fingers crossed for their spays - seems like it's come at the right time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to lure her into the carrier but she wasn't having any of it!

She no where near as aggressive when they are in the playhouse, it seems to be in the run.

My female bun Chloe shows aggression. She was spayed nearly 12 months ago. It's not all the time but every few weeks for about 3 to 4 days, she will be in an absolutely foul mood with her ears constantly back. In fact the past week she has been in one of these moods but today she was like a different rabbit. Her ears were up all day & she would let me go near her & stroke her without lunging &/or biting. I put it down to her being a woman!

I'm sure your rabbit will settle when she has been spayed as the majority do. Unfortunately with Chloe this didn't happen but as I said it's not all the time and it makes the times she's being nice all the better!

Good luck :thumb:

Back