• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with groups of rabbits.

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
What do you use as a food bowl?

I am currently bonding my bunnies into a group of six. I don't have a bowl big enough for them all. Currently using a celebration's tub.
This morning all six were eating out of it so they all can fit but I'd like something a bit easier to keep clean and not chewable.

Would you scatter feed and not use a bowl at all? It would be good enrichment for them too:)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

With my quad I just put it on the floor in a sort of spread out pile, I don't scatter it all over as such. It works well for mine :thumb:

Have a look at the baking / cooking section in a large store / supermarket / Range / Wilkos etc for ideas. You get a huge choice of size, shape, colour etc and they are cheaper than ones produced for animals.

I have also used the glazed pottery plant pot saucers from garden centres. They come in many sizes and are a nice depth to allow animals access, but have a flat base and are very robust.

For my groups of guinea pigs, I use shallow (human) serving dishes - preferably square and white so they all match. Our dog has large white pottery salad / fruit bowls for food and water as I couldn't find any doggy ones that were big enough and heavy enough to do the job - except the brown ones that I don't like. The small rodents have shallow ramekin type bowls.

Thank you everyone.

Off to do the food shop in a minute so will look around and see what i can find for them.

for my trio I scatter feed.prefrebly amongst hay for maximum differculty in finding . it slows down the eating, stops squabbles , lenghens the time they get to enjoy finding their food so increases their pleasure. I found food dish/s tend to make them gobble the food in the fastest time possible which I find hard to believe healthy.

I have seen people use the smallest shallow cat litter trays for food.

The only possible issue of scatter feeding with large groups is that it can possibly increase the risk of coccidiosis

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I have seen people use the smallest shallow cat litter trays for food.

The only possible issue of scatter feeding with large groups is that it can possibly increase the risk of coccidiosis

How??? I scatter feed all my animals. (Except the dogs).

How??? I scatter feed all my animals. (Except the dogs).

Medirabbit.com says not to feed groups of rabbits by putting food on the ground. I have also read it elsewhere but can't think of the links off the top of my head

Back