• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not happy!! (Warning - Pictures of poop!)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Only put this new mat in yesterday :evil:

I'm pretty sure it's Summer and/or Skye as Heidi and Dash do better poops than that :lol:

So I've put a small litter tray in there and hope that does the trick, but don't want them to start using it too much so wee will start going over the edge :roll:

And this was it about an hour later!

Now those poops look a bit healthier than the others so not sure who's left those gems in there :roll:

Oh dear. My buns pee and poo on anything new I put in their area, I think it's them scent marking it to claim it as theirs. I put a new blanket down and it was poo peppered in about half an hour. It's been down for a couple of weeks now and it's only attracted hay :) That does look like more pee than my blanket got though. I'll never understand bunny toilet habits, weird little tikes.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Always the way!

It's so much easier just to put trays where they want to go than to try and get them to go elsewhere :roll:

Oh dear. My buns pee and poo on anything new I put in their area, I think it's them scent marking it to claim it as theirs. I put a new blanket down and it was poo peppered in about half an hour. It's been down for a couple of weeks now and it's only attracted hay :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

I thought they were doing really well sticking to the litter trays, I'd been checking the hide outs to make sure they weren't weeing and they didn't for several days so I didn't check for a couple if days when they obviously decided it would make a good toilet after all :roll: Summer and Skye used to have a 'chill out' tray in their hutch that they generally just liked to sit in but now and again I'd find they'd weed in it so as long as it's only a bit it's ok and easy enough to change. They never go along with your plans do they :lol:

Always the way!

It's so much easier just to put trays where they want to go than to try and get them to go elsewhere :roll:

As long as they don't use it as their main tray it's fine, you've prob seen the size I had to go to for my litter trays as they kept peeing over the edges!

do you know, i had to buy two of those pink litter trays this lunchtime - they were all asda had. now i have some useless accessories, too.

Oopsie! It's only a little accident, they might get the hang of their litter trays eventually! I'm lucky with my two that they go wherever I put hay. If they start going elsewhere I'd probably put a small litter tray there.

Your bunnies must pee very high to need such a high sided litter tray :shock: I'm impressed! Mine get wee on the side of their tray but I can't imagine how they'd get it over :shock: I find the backwards bottom shuffle and tail lift hilarious, if they were lifting their tails high enough to get over the edge I'd be laughing hysterically :lol: then I'd realise that I'd need to clear it up!

Back