• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question

Domino27

Mama Doe
Mr F is looking very tatty, hard as I try I can't keep bits of the sticky ear drop stuff from leaking out. He scratches and grooms and now it's all over his ears and nape of neck. He looks like he has no fur on his neck because of how sticky and stuck down it is. Now I realise giving rabbits a bath is a bit of a no no but can anyone suggest something to clean him up when the drops have finished?

awwwww. Poor wee thing...

I cant suggest anything as Smudge was exactly the same, made worse by the fact willow kept on licking his ears and neck too... She ended up going a yellow tinge...

Lots of love
fee x

you could just leave it but if he is a long haired i wouldn't risk it getting matted. just dampen a jay cloth with warm water and wipe around the area then towel dry and brush :thumb:

you could just leave it but if he is a long haired i wouldn't risk it getting matted. just dampen a jay cloth with warm water and wipe around the area then towel dry and brush :thumb:

Cheers! Will try that :thumb:

You could try either baby wipes (to wash the gunge out) or a bit of talcum powder rubbed into it to dry it up, then comb through carefully. That's what I use on long haired cats.

The trick with ear drops is to get them right down the hole and them massage the tube on the side of their face / neck just below the bit you can see. You could then try to wipe any excess out of the ear before it gets shaken everywhere. Cats' ears look so much easier to do as you have much better access to actually see what you are doing, though - I've never had to do bunny ears.

Jack's-Jane might have some tips - she is something of an expert in treating bunny ears.

You could try either baby wipes (to wash the gunge out) or a bit of talcum powder rubbed into it to dry it up, then comb through carefully. That's what I use on long haired cats.

The trick with ear drops is to get them right down the hole and them massage the tube on the side of their face / neck just below the bit you can see. You could then try to wipe any excess out of the ear before it gets shaken everywhere. Cats' ears look so much easier to do as you have much better access to actually see what you are doing, though - I've never had to do bunny ears.

Jack's-Jane might have some tips - she is something of an expert in treating bunny ears.

Yeah I've been trying that, 'unfortunately' now he is getting better he can obviously feel the stuff trickling down and there I am with his ear up and massaging and then it's a flick of the head and a face that says "really mum, what the hell are you doing". we had an ALMIGHTY strop today, thankfully think I've only got a day left of the baytril. The syringe went flying across the room 4 times, little !!?--@!!.

Back