• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

some spring photos

belgian2

Alpha Buck
my Beloved Barbi the muscovy duck with her three ducklings hatched yesterday

two of my hens, fat girl a Brahma and lil miss a serama (worlds smallest breed of chicken)

baby budgies oldest only a few days old.

Jake pretending to sniff the crocus(he had to be rapidly removed shortly after due to a serious desire to scoff them!)

Great pics :love: Spring is an awesome time because of all the baby animals!

I'm especially jealous of your ducklings! My stray muscovies should be having ducklings anytime now but my parents/brother will kill me if I rescue another duckling:lol:

lovely pictures :love: particularly liked the one of Jake i tried to get my puppy to do this the other day ..... she was having none of it :lol:

Great pics :love: Spring is an awesome time because of all the baby animals!

I'm especially jealous of your ducklings! My stray muscovies should be having ducklings anytime now but my parents/brother will kill me if I rescue another duckling:lol:

lol I just adore ducklings. and Barbi is a force of nature regarding wanting to have babies so I let her rear a few each year for everyones sanity. this time she had some khaki campbell eggs to sit. I don't give her muscovy eggs as they are so very unpopular here that are only usually meat birds :cry: I like muscovy best of all the ducks but it seems I am alone in that view so each time she gets something popular and fun. she is about 7 /8 years old now and such a wonderful bird. she guards her babies so closely- constantly watches for preditors and keeps them near and strictly under her control. her babies all make marvelous pets as she teaches them to be calm, sensible arround people and to go easily to their house each evening.and as she is tame her foster babies tend to be sensible and easy to handle.
I will get nothing done in the next few weeks as will spend eveyr spare moment sitting by their enclosure enjoying them bombing in and out of their water tray and seeing Barbis love and pleasure in them. It lifts my heart every spring.

lol I just adore ducklings. and Barbi is a force of nature regarding wanting to have babies so I let her rear a few each year for everyones sanity. this time she had some khaki campbell eggs to sit. I don't give her muscovy eggs as they are so very unpopular here that are only usually meat birds :cry: I like muscovy best of all the ducks but it seems I am alone in that view so each time she gets something popular and fun. she is about 7 /8 years old now and such a wonderful bird. she guards her babies so closely- constantly watches for preditors and keeps them near and strictly under her control. her babies all make marvelous pets as she teaches them to be calm, sensible arround people and to go easily to their house each evening.and as she is tame her foster babies tend to be sensible and easy to handle.
I will get nothing done in the next few weeks as will spend eveyr spare moment sitting by their enclosure enjoying them bombing in and out of their water tray and seeing Barbis love and pleasure in them. It lifts my heart every spring.

Aw that's a shame muscovies aren't popular over there:( I have a strong passion for them, not sure if they're actually my favorite or not since I've only had muscovies, pekins and mallards but they're definitely up there! I love how calm and sweet they are. :love:

I know what you mean about the broodyness, my Scout and June are incredibly broody. It's sad having to take their eggs, I'd love to let them hatch some. Oddly when I used to let them lay on their eggs they never hatched any except for Nymeria but they seem more experienced now, in the rare times that I forget to collect their eggs daily and they end up with a clutch, they actually lay on them correctly and build a proper nest.

That's sweet how maternal she is! Some of my stray ones are horrible mothers, I lost count of how many abandoned their ducklings last year:( That's how I got Myrcella. It's heartbreaking. This year I'm hoping to capture the abandoned ones by using my boat and a net (because my big pond makes it very hard to capture them) and once they're old enough i'll raise them outside, like I did with a dozen scovy ducklings once. My family won't care so much then if they're raised outside. I adore ducklings and spend every possible minute with mine so I know how you feel! I think I'm actually more broody than Scout & June are :lol:

I love love love ducklings!! We have some at work every year due to the wild ducks flying in for the large ponds we have. I spend my lunch hours watching them & taking millions of pictures. I want a duckling sooooo much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back