• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses bunny DBF while being groomed?!

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
I was just giving Smudge's backside a groom as she has an interesting looking tufty skirt thing going on at the moment. She was quite comfortable in the "hen" position at this point.

Next thing I know she sits up and starts digging at the floor and nibbling the wall. This can only mean one thing... a bunny flop is incoming!

And she did it it!! It was so cute, and I love that she did it while I was grooming her :love:

I hope this means she was super happy with being groomed, and not that she was so disinterested she just wanted to go sleep :lol: She let me continue grooming her so I think it's all good:thumb:

Ahhhhh!!! She just did TWO more proper flops! One while I was just sitting with her, and another when I was grooming her again :love:

I shall show you who is the KING of "dead bunny flops" though. He did this just now, and for a split second I did wonder, and I checked his side to see if he was breathing :lol: He is MUCH more dramatic about them... his legs kick out and he pulls stupid faces :lol:

DSC_0924_zpsfa869102.jpg

DSC_0926_zps608bf63d.jpg

I tried to get a picture of Smudge's big flops, but she doesn't stay in the full flop position for long enough :lol: She always "sits up" a little into this position. Still my cute baby though :D

DSC_0923_zps0d22d45c.jpg

Last edited:
Awwwhhh very cute :love: sounds like a happy bunny :love:

Mine will flop near me and after having had a fuss will wander off and do a DBF somewhere more comfy :D

Harvey once DBFed pretty much in my hand! My hand was cupped over his face with my thumb rubbing his forehead, and I felt his head rotate in my hand and he'd just flopped down onto his side whilst I was fussing him :love: just the once though! He generally just sits in the loaf position or will kick his back legs out whilst I fuss him!

Harvey once DBFed pretty much in my hand! My hand was cupped over his face with my thumb rubbing his forehead, and I felt his head rotate in my hand and he'd just flopped down onto his side whilst I was fussing him

Awwwww :love: Smudge did this to my boyfriend a couple years ago, I was a bit jealous! :lol:

I remember your thread about Harvey doing a dbf in your hand xxx

How lovely that your rabbit likes being groomed enough to flop. I have to catch mine and do it which they loathe. Hoping the two newest will be easier. They are already letting me stroke them after a week. (Most of the others still loathe it after a year)!

I do a DBF after grooming as I spend most of the time chasing them from one end of the pen to the other :D Love the DBF pics :wave:

Back