• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing my new bun Frank..

jazxo

Mama Doe
I was at work (a vets) and the vet walked past me with a rabbit in her arms and I automatically said "awww!" and she said do you want to help? I of course said yes. She said it was a euthanasia and I asked why. She said that the rabbit had a severely fractured hind leg and the owners don't want to pay for amputation. She then went on to say that the rabbit was seized from a property after being left in a garden for 3 months, yes 3 months no hutch no food just a garden and he had survived. The person that had brought him in was a police officer who had taken him from the property after arresting the owners for something unrelated. She was planning on keeping him but as soon as she noticed the broken leg she didn't want to keep him/fund his surgery. Which is kind of understandable. After hearing his story I could not let this little fighter die like this. I'm usually very sensible and wouldn't make a sudden decision but I had no choice as he was about to be put to sleep. I stopped the vet and asked if I could keep him and fund the surgery for his leg to be amputated. She said yes :) I informed the police officer that I'd like to do this and she said it was fine.

So here's Frank! The miracle bunny, the only rabbit I've ever known to not give a hoot about having his leg off.

IMG_5706_zpsa79eeea4.jpg

He is making a miraculous recovery and acting like nothing ever happened. He was castrated and had a dental at the same time as having his leg off but as soon as he came round he munched loads of herbs and was hopping about. I really think he's a miracle.

IMG_5705_zpsd90ba00f.jpg

His little multicoloured legs :love:

IMG_5702_zpsc8f4f08d.jpg

He's dealing so well with having a buster collar on, loves having it off but still gets on with things when I put it back on!

IMG_5664_zps89cf5551.jpg

Right after his surgery :love:

IMG_5687_zps05950689.jpg

Day after his surgery at the vets.

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/jasminebourne/media/IMG_5752_zpsd30e7f48.mp4.html
As much as I love him, he's also taken quite a shine to me. Watch the video and you'll see :lol:

He's currently living in a puppy pen in the spare room but once he's fully recovered and his lack of leg isn't holding him back I plan to bond him with Pippin and Luna :)

What breed do you think he is? I'm thinking Nethie cross, he's just over 1kg.

Oh. My. Word. CUTE!!!!! :) what an absolute sweetie!!!! :) so glad he's doing so well, what happened to his ear as well?

Oh and he's a licky bun!! Squeeeee!! Just like Levi! :) :)

Oh. My. Word. CUTE!!!!! :) what an absolute sweetie!!!! :) so glad he's doing so well, what happened to his ear as well?

Oh and he's a licky bun!! Squeeeee!! Just like Levi! :) :)

He had a catheter in there to give him fluids and pain meds etc :) It's fine now just droopy!

That's what I call a Rescue! Minutes before he would no longer have been alive and someone (you) saves him. Wow! He must have Guardian Angel. Well done.

a very very lucky boy, for you to be their at the right time, it was fate that sent him to you to be saved, so glad for a happy ending for this gorgeus bunny :love:

Back