• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking ahead

Kirotea

Mama Doe
I'm thinking ahead to the Summer. My flat gets the sun all day and can get quite warm, in fact it's quite warm in here today because the sun's out.

Do you have a fan for your bunnies? Any recommendations for fans? An energy efficient one would be good if it's going to be on all day. How else will I be able to keep them cool?

Frozen water bottles for them to lay by too :wave: open what windows you can, our kitchen gets all the hot afternoon sun in summer, the kitchen floor is tiled too though so that helps

You can use frozen bottles, frozen marble slabs and stones too. You might want to have extra frozen stuff so you can switch them out since they won't stay cold for that long. And when you're not home closing the drapes helps keep the house cool.

My buns also like laying against their big ceramic water bowls, and when I had outdoor buns they liked laying on the wire mesh in their hutches (I covered most of the wire with newspaper but left a bit exposed for laying on).

We have a few ceiling fans, used to have standing fans as well but don't anymore. But we have central AC so it's usually not very warm...still, having a good energy efficient fan is good for keeping electric bills down since you don't have to run the AC as much then.

our house is the same. every window faces the same way which gets the sun from midday onwards. hate it so much. get some thick lined curtains. we found these helped. we're also getting blackout blinds aswell this year. and an extra fan aswell. ice pods, frozen bottles aswell. :wave:

Back