• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoebe is home again...

Schez

Mama Doe
Despite my anxiety (bad dreams etc :oops:) Phoebe's spay went very well. We had a call around lunch time to say that she had come around and was just going into recovery.

My husband went to collect her this evening and when he returned he handed me the metacam. :shock: I asked him if he had to argue with the vets this time (people will know I've had to persist in other cases for my bunnies for metacam :roll:) but he he just grinned at me and said they must know there was no point in arguing/withholding it as I would be straight on the phone... :oops::lol: ;)

The only problem is that Phoebe has not eaten. :( I was surprised they let me have her home with us - when Reggie didn't eat after his neuter, I had to almost plead with them to let me have him home. :?

When the children have gone to bed and things have been quiet for awhile, I shall investigate and see if I can coax some nibbles of her favourite things. As well as metacam, I have some baby food and critical care on stand by. Also preparing to "camp" in the living room with her tonight. :love:

Poor girly. She's wedged herself as far back in her carrier as she can and refuses to move.
The vets said she was a lovely girl... I'm guessing they didn't get boxed either which is fantastic.:D

Sending eating vibes to her :love: after my girls were spayed their favourite first eaten noms were lovingly handpicked grass,rosemary, readigrass, dandelion leaves and pellets, they went off hay a bit for a couple of days.

Sending eating vibes to her :love: after my girls were spayed their favourite first eaten noms were lovingly handpicked grass,rosemary, readigrass, dandelion leaves and pellets, they went off hay a bit for a couple of days.

Aww, thank you for the vibes... I really appreciate them... xx I went about my normal, bunny tea time routine, I came into the living room and shook the pellet tub as usual, just out of habit, but no response... I stood there waiting for her (duuuurrrr) and it took a moment to remember/figure out why she wasn't coming out. I've really got to get her tummy moving again soon... :( I'm going out to pick her some grass, might get lucky and find some dandelion leaves... ;)

Aww try not to worry too much just yet; I remember when Honey was spayed, she didn't eat a thing all evening, until really late on, when she started nibbling bits of hay. Hay was the first thing, then some fresh wet greens I think. Just leave her a selection of her fave foods and she'll nibble when she's ready xxx

Aww try not to worry too much just yet; I remember when Honey was spayed, she didn't eat a thing all evening, until really late on, when she started nibbling bits of hay. Hay was the first thing, then some fresh wet greens I think. Just leave her a selection of her fave foods and she'll nibble when she's ready xxx

Thank you for the advice - it's actually made me feel better. :) I might just take her water to her to see if she's thirsty (she may just not have the energy to move bless her) then I will leave her a selection of nibbles, see if she attempts any by the morning. xxx
(Prob just needs a little rest and not a fussing hoomin... :oops::lol:)

Has she got a bowl and a bottle of water? Sometimes it's easier for them to use a bowl :wave: sending lots of vibes xxx

Has she got a bowl and a bottle of water? Sometimes it's easier for them to use a bowl :wave: sending lots of vibes xxx

She's got both tonight just incase :oops: though she usually has/much prefers her water bowl. :)
Thank you for sending her vibes, she's a sweetheart and we've come a long way since finding her. :love: xxx

Awwww bless. Nomming vibes (and a nose rub for Reggie). :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sending lots of eating vibes. I know how stressful it can be when they don't want to eat after a spay as I was in this position about three weeks ago but the wonderful people of RU helped me get through and if you could see my buns binky tonight you would never know they had been through major surgery!

:wave::wave:

Hello guys, thank you so much for asking after Phoebe, it means a lot. :love:

Phoebe has drank, and I make sure I take it to her regularly as last night she had a long drink as I held her bowl for her. She's eaten/nibbled on parsley, thyme, dandelion leaves and turned her nose up at the grass I went out and cut for her... :shock:

I've seen her going for a wee in her tray a couple of times now but I'm yet to see any poos, but I need to check her hay thoroughly as she's preferring to lie on it.

I'm intending to start her metacam in couple of hours as I'm sure pain relief will be wearing off now and her nibbling has slowed down. I don't want to give it to her unnecessarily - but she's just looking uncomfy.

She's not happy with me at all, poor girlie.

Aww poor Phoebe, I'm glad she's nibbling at least :thumb: definitely start the metacam, it will have well worn off by now. She is more likely to eat if she's not as sore. Sending tons more vibes xxx

Hello hoomins...

Phoebe here with an update. My hoomin slave seems most pleased for some reason....

I'm just too busy nomming to care....

:shock:

The rudeness... :lol:

I tell you one thing, I've never been so pleased to see bunny poo... :lol::lol::lol:

Ahhhhh, things seems to be settling down. My girl has polished off pellets, herbs and lots of hay. :love: she's still holding herself differently, :? but no tooth grinding as she was yesterday. I'm debating if I should give her another dose of metacam... If only bunnies could talk...

Back