• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing your own herbs/veg/dandelions. Where to buy seeds?

xClairex

Alpha Buck
Now I have a garden I would love to start growing some herbs, veg and dandelions for the buns.
There used to be a seller on ebay that sold seeds and everything was suitable for bunnies, now I cant find that seller.
They used to do a mixture and you just chucked the seeds in a pot and a variety of bunny noms would grow, I'd love to find something like that.
So does anyone know where I can get seeds from?
Doesn't have to be the mixed one, any bunny friendly ones would be great.

I liked the person on ebay because they only sold things suitable for bunnies and I wouldn't have messed up by growing something I shouldn't.

That mix does look good, I might get that to try.

I went to the garden centre the other day and bought a whole bunch of bunny friendly herbs to plant. Since some of those herbs (mint, I'm looking at you!) grow like weeds I should hopefully be able to use them for a regular addition to the boys' fresh food menu. :D

Camomile grows like a weed too :thumb:

This is going to sound like the dumbest question ever :oops:
But are dandelions, grass and plantain easy to grow?
It seems silly to ask but when I lived at home the grass and dandelions just grew in the garden, I didn't have to plant anything.

Also what do you use to plant them in?
I'm going to use large pots or one of those raised flower beds but what do you put in there? What soil? I've looked in the garden centre and there are loads of different soils, I got confused!

This is going to sound like the dumbest question ever :oops:
But are dandelions, grass and plantain easy to grow?
It seems silly to ask but when I lived at home the grass and dandelions just grew in the garden, I didn't have to plant anything.

Also what do you use to plant them in?
I'm going to use large pots or one of those raised flower beds but what do you put in there? What soil? I've looked in the garden centre and there are loads of different soils, I got confused!

Very easy to grow! Just buy an all-purpose compost. You could plant the seeds inside and then transfer to a big outdoor pot once established but to be honest dandelions and plantain normally grow fine straight from seed outside. I'm hoping to plant some this weekend and I'm just going to put it outside and hope for the best.

Very easy to grow! Just buy an all-purpose compost. You could plant the seeds inside and then transfer to a big outdoor pot once established but to be honest dandelions and plantain normally grow fine straight from seed outside. I'm hoping to plant some this weekend and I'm just going to put it outside and hope for the best.

Let us know how you get on!
I've ordered some of that seed mix from ebay you linked to, I'm going to plant it when I'm at the new house next week and see what happens.

Back