• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed improvements and more pics of buns!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Cleaned out the shed (believe it or not!!) and made a few improvements...

Decided on this being the toy table now!

I've added a bit of carpet to this table as it seemed quite slippery for them when they jumped off so thought a bit of grip here might help!

I had to pull out the carpet mats that were in this cupboard as someone had decided it made a good toilet! No straw or hay in hideouts from now on! New carpet mat... Summer: 'it wasn't meeeee!'

I've put a heavy duty hook up and got this barrow bag that holds a bale of hay, will have to see how they go on as it may be within nibbling reach! Not really anywhere else to put it so I'm hoping it is ok there! I intend to cut a flap out of it so I can pull hay out easily!

Skye and Heidi enjoying the fresh hay! Still need to fix hay racks up!

Skye just being cute :love:

Dash having a wash :love:

I found these pots in a garden centre for only £2.75 so had to buy one! I thought I'd treat the bunnies to a mix of leftover treat hay, a bit of herby mix and some redigrass. You can see Skye demonstrating that the pot is perfect bunny size, so may have to go back and get a couple more for the run and maybe some for actually planting something in :lol:

Heidi digging in :lol:

That's it for now but there's a few more improvements to make so expect more pics soon :lol:

Your shed is so amazing , I'm so jealous of it as well as your quad!!!

Such a beautiful and well suited group :love:

Thanks, still got lots of ideas, I'm not sure I'll ever stop 'improving' :lol: It's amazing how well they've taken to each other, only a week today since I put them in :D

Looks great. :D
Where are the pots from please?

Thanks :D Got the pot from Glossop garden centre, don't go nabbing them all though before I get back there :lol: I couldn't believe the price had to check about 3 different ones and even then I was convinced he was going to say oh sorry that price is wrong :lol:

:lol: :lol: Don't worry. I can't go anywhere at the mo (car's off the road) :(
Maybe happybun would like a trip out now she's got wheels :) ;)

Looking amazing :thumb: for the bale of hay, is that a bag that fits in a huge farm bale of hay? If it is I so need a couple of those, what are they? Was just thinking could you make a kind of chest for it to go in that the buns could jump on, or very sturdy shelf for it to go on, I'd be worried that the hook might not hold, but that's if it's a farm bale, I know from how my back felt yesterday how heavy they are :lol: I keep my bales on a strong shelf in the goat shed, the only thing is now the goats have grown they stand on their back legs with their front feet on the front of the shelf and use it as a giant hayrack :lol: they make a right mess :lol: I need some kind of hinging flap to keep them off it, somehow it tastes better than the hay in their rack :lol:

Looking amazing :thumb: for the bale of hay, is that a bag that fits in a huge farm bale of hay? If it is I so need a couple of those, what are they? Was just thinking could you make a kind of chest for it to go in that the buns could jump on, or very sturdy shelf for it to go on, I'd be worried that the hook might not hold, but that's if it's a farm bale, I know from how my back felt yesterday how heavy they are :lol: I keep my bales on a strong shelf in the goat shed, the only thing is now the goats have grown they stand on their back legs with their front feet on the front of the shelf and use it as a giant hayrack :lol: they make a right mess :lol: I need some kind of hinging flap to keep them off it, somehow it tastes better than the hay in their rack :lol:

It's just a small bale approx 3ftx1.5ft, if u search barrow bag on eBay or Amazon you'll find them :thumb: Originally I was going to put my outdoor storage box in the shed for it but it just felt too big and a bit of a waste of space, everything I've got on the shed floor is multi purpose for the bunnies - jump on, go under or hide in! Hopefully this will hold ok, it's a massive hook :lol: If not I will get some of the proper screw on bracket type hooks like u put tools on and bikes etc. I liked the bag idea as I can also use it to collect my bales, makes it much easier and less messy :wave:

It's just a small bale approx 3ftx1.5ft, if u search barrow bag on eBay or Amazon you'll find them :thumb: Originally I was going to put my outdoor storage box in the shed for it but it just felt too big and a bit of a waste of space, everything I've got on the shed floor is multi purpose for the bunnies - jump on, go under or hide in! Hopefully this will hold ok, it's a massive hook :lol: If not I will get some of the proper screw on bracket type hooks like u put tools on and bikes etc. I liked the bag idea as I can also use it to collect my bales, makes it much easier and less messy :wave:

Ah ok thanks :thumb: Will have to measure my bales and see if they would fit into those type of bags, mine are just so heavy I can hardly carry them. yes it's messy collecting them even though I put sheets down in the car :lol:

Back