• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ordered some hay

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Ordered my second 10kg bale from timothyhay.co.uk on Wednesday morning and it arrived on Thursday!

It's still in my mum's garage at the moment but if it's as nice as the last one I'll be a happy bunny and I'll have two other happy bunnies too :lol:

Well worth the money I think if there's anyone umming and ahhing about ordering it :)

I love getting new hay for my happy bunnies. Just got a lovely big bale of timothy and rye hay 16.00 (including delivery) for 9.5kg from hay for pets. It is lovely and green and stalky. Cant wait to serve it up. It didnt come the next day though.

Hiya
Sorry just been reading you both by bales of hay are they really big? Where do you store them? How long do they last you? Sorry lots of questions :)
I just have seven rabbits soon to be eight and wondering if this maybe a better option

Cheers pippa

I've ordered a second bale too, on Tuesday, shipped on Wednesday but it still hasn't arrived! I'm a little worried as last time they just left it outside, so hoping no one has pinched it! Will be taking a trip to PAH tomo for emergency hay!

I ordered 2 bags yesterday, I didn't realise how little the boys had :roll: I did ask my bf and he said there was at least half left.. erm, no! :lol: They'll be okay hopefully.. It's the only hay they will eat, no matter what I tempt them with! Charley has a bit left so I can give hers to them as she eats meadow hay too. Grrr! Note to self, check the hay yourself next time! :lol:

Typical too because I hope to make a trio out of them soon, so we'll be inundated with timothy hay at some point. Oh well, it will at least save me money. The last bag I ordered was 10th Feb but most of it went to waste because the top layers were yellow and they didn't eat it :? Much better now it's nearly at the bottom :evil: Charley's last bag was about 3 weeks before Christmas, maybe she will teach them some manners:p

Hiya
Sorry just been reading you both by bales of hay are they really big? Where do you store them? How long do they last you? Sorry lots of questions :)
I just have seven rabbits soon to be eight and wondering if this maybe a better option

Cheers pippa

I think it tells you the dimensions of the bale on the website somewhere. I've just put mine in the cupboard in the bag it came in. I'm just getting to the end of a 10kg which has lasted a month and it still smells nice so is still fresh. I only have two bunnies though, not sure how long it would last with 8 rabbits! :)

I keep mine in its bag in a metal shed by the rabbits aivery but some people keep them in wheelie bins.

I have a bale of farm hay and a 9.5kg bag of timothy and rye every month for my eight rabbits and two guinea pigs.

Back