• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden Works

Amy104

Warren Veteran
The garden fences in our rented property are falling down - we reported it to the landlord who has decided to have walls build in place. Great you would think.

However its apparently going to take 3 weeks. What on earth do I do with the buns in that time? Most the hutches are in the garage so although its not ideal I could manage with them only having run access when I am home, but the trio have permanent accomodation outdoors. I wouldn't feel safe leaving them there with no fences incase anyone entered the garden and stole them, let them out etc. Their accomodation obviously wont fit in the garage and I've nowhere safe indoors for them. This is a nightmare, Any suggestions?

The garden fences in our rented property are falling down - we reported it to the landlord who has decided to have walls build in place. Great you would think.

However its apparently going to take 3 weeks. What on earth do I do with the buns in that time? Most the hutches are in the garage so although its not ideal I could manage with them only having run access when I am home, but the trio have permanent accomodation outdoors. I wouldn't feel safe leaving them there with no fences incase anyone entered the garden and stole them, let them out etc. Their accomodation obviously wont fit in the garage and I've nowhere safe indoors for them. This is a nightmare, Any suggestions?

Padlocks on all access points to their accommodation ?

They have that anyway. Maybe I'm being over cautious. It's just we have a lane running down the side of the house so it's a bit creepy to think no barrier will be there.

how many rabbits have you got? could maybe family or friends help out if they have space in garden and you could care for them still, as long as they don't get stressed

13, But I could manage if I moved just the trio. My mum lives up the road so I could ask her. Would be a nightmare moving their accomodation but would probably be better for the bunnies. Thanks for the idea.

When the back fence was being renewed the man doing the work put plastic netting all along overnight. It was about 2-3 ft high. It didn't stop me worrying but it was better than nothing. 3 weeks though is something else. Hope you find a satisfactory answer.

The trio are going to go to my mums - though we may look a bit crazy carrying the set-up up the road.

However, we asked them to delay works as have a family member coming out of hospital who will need quiet and rest and the LA have refused. I hate renting. The LA know we need advance notice as hubby works shift patterns but they just booked this without checking.

Back