• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stopped using litter tray..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Kerbie has stopped using his litter tray since we had to separate him and Leo.

He has his normal litter tray, a small litter tray and some hay on a puppy pad on the floor but he's just weeing on the blanket wherever he wants to. I don't mind the poop as he's never been perfect but he always weed in the litter tray, but that's gone out the window now. It's also harder to monitor how much wee is coming out because I don't know where it is until I stand on it.

Also his poos are much smaller and darker than usual (never been huge or golden, but a decent size and colour inside) which has also happened since they have been separated.

I don't know what's up with him :( He is being treated for an upper respiratory tract infection at the moment and is much better, but he was still toileting the same over the past 2 weeks he has been on medication.

I've been giving him some more fibafirst sticks and he's still eating everything normally, he's much slower on hay too but he would only really eat it with Leo :( His teeth and everything are fine but I'll get the vet to check again just in case. I just don't get the toilet issue :(

I don't want to start bonding again now while he's still poorly, especially with adding Charley, because it might set him off sneezing.. I don't know if this toilet/eating behaviour is because of the separation or something to do with his health, it's only been since the separation though.

*sorry for the ramble :lol:*

Last edited:
Back