• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I found 2 drop of rabbit blood on the carpet, what body part could it come from?

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
So I check both buns 3 times already, I can't find a trace of any injury. There is no broken nail, their vent opening is clean. I then feel thru their fur, I can't feel any injury. And if there were any injury, it would has to be at the bottom of their body, somehow drop on the carpet. And yet, I can't see any injury.

Where could 2 drop of blood come from?

I also check their usual urine spots, there is no blood anywhere (they pee on white towels)

they are a pair of male + female. Both have been spay / neuter many years ago. Now I did notice each time when the female scent gland is giving out some scent, there is some chasing around. And I just check it, it's dirty, so I did just clean both buns' scent glands. But I still need to find out where the blood come from

Have you checked their hocks? Sometimes sore hocks can be almost covered by foot fluff!

okay, I just check both hocks. There is no blood come out from any of their hocks. But how can you tell it's normal? as that spot is always red?

I just check it the 2nd time, 1 of my bun's hock does looks a bit too red. What's a good treatment for sore hocks? Aloe Vera gel?

Last edited:
they are a pair of male + female. Both have been spay / neuter many years ago. Now I did notice each time when the female scent gland is giving out some scent, there is some chasing around. And I just check it, it's dirty, so I did just clean both buns' scent glands. But I still need to find out where the blood come from

That's good, then, I was concerned that there might be something sinister going on inside.

how does the above product better than say Polysporin?

and since last time I read the books on sore hock, there was no cure. So what do you people do for ongoing treatment?

for that matter, what do you people use? I like to buy the best Germicidal Barrier Ointment, is it f10, or is there some other product better than this?

Last edited:
Back