• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi (again)

Peter& Benjamin

Young Bun
I joined last year but havn't been on for ages (serial lurker though!). I lost my lovely boy Peter (French Lop) last year, which was documented on here, at the time i was agonising over the best time to get Benjamin (English Lop) bonded with another bun.

He went to Caroline at Rabbit Residence Rescue in September to be bonded with a female Dutch called Currant. One day into the bond, my cheeky little lad decided he didn't want to wait any longer and had been on his own far too long, so jumped the diving partition between them and got in with Currant, after a few minor nips, they pretty much bonded themselves! Just before they were both due to come home, Benjamin got very ill, possibly megacolon that brought on stasis and despite all Caroline (and her vet's) best efforts, he crashed in surgery and we had to make the awful decision to have him PTS.

Having not lost Peter too long before hand i was completly devistated, but had to decide pretty quickly what to do, Currant was due to be coming home with Benjamin so was effectly my rabbit, so i asked Caroline to find her another suitable partner. After what seemed like forever and 2 failed bond attempts, (but was good, to help me get my head around things a bit) I got the call to say that Currant had accepted a little Lionhead called Terry. I went up to do a days work at the rescue and got to see them both, the following week Caroline brought them back to mine.

Terry is now called Louie and they are both real sweethearts. So friendly and outgoing, perfect house buns! (Except Currant has a taste for leather sofas, but thats another story!) Currant always was a housebun but had been kept on her own and her owner decided she couldnt give her the time, Louie had an awful start in life and was left in a tiny hutch with 9 other rabbits left to breed, each time the babies were born they died and the lady just fished out the dead bodies and left the others to get on with it :-( Despite all that, hes such a sweet little lad, and loves his noserubs. They both jump up on the sofa for cuddles and fuss, and as soon as i walk in they come rushing over to see me.

Last edited:
Hi :wave: I remember you losing Peter :cry: I'm so sorry to hear you lost Benjamin too :cry: Binky free at the bridge together beautiful boys xx

I'm glad you've come back on to tell your story, and to share pictures, Currant and Louie are gorgeous :love: and they sound perfect bunnies. I hope you will share more photos with us :thumb:

Currant and Louie are super, super cute!

I love that second pic of Currant, she looks really nosey!

:love::love:

Thanks all, and thank you Zoobec for your well wishes at the time, I still cry for my boys, but having Currant makes me feel a bit closer to Benjamin. She really is a nosey girlie, sooo outgoing, loves being centre of attention! x

I know only too well what it's like to lose my furry friends :cry: I'm so pleased you got Currant and Louie, Currant does look a cheeky girl :love: new furrys do a great job of providing a welcome diversion for us :thumb:

She was Benjamins friend and theres no way i could have left her at the rescue, although i still felt flipping awful bringing them both home so soon after loosing my my big boys. Was definietly a distraction though, all the places i thought i had bunnyproofed from big buns, i suddenly found that these two little'uns could get into a lot more places! :D

:lol: my 4 are only little buns, even still I couldn't believe they were going to fit down the runaround pipe when it came, but they zoomed up and down it at a right speed :lol:

Aw i just got a couple of 4ft pipes from there, they have so much fun with them! Know what you mean about them fitting in though, Louie has so much floof he looks twice his actual size!

Back