• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit in a Raincoat

*link removed - please don't post links to criticise*

Double what? :shock:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this is weird?

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair I've never read the rules. 'Be nice to people' seems to have done alright for me thus far :lol:

A rant is an angry, non constructive post complaining or attacking a person or topic

Whoops!!!! I've done a fair bit of that :lol::lol::lol:

I'm a rant-a-holic but I've managed to limit my rantyness to one tweet suggesting the the person's rabbit is not a toy :evil:

I'm not saint. I once put a miniature cowboy hat on big's head for about 2 seconds while I took a picture but the thing that worries me is the 'sleeves' that bunnies legs get put in. Surely this is very dangerous for a bun :(

Rabbits aren't usually the best pets for dressing up since they don't like being picked up, stress easy etc BUT I don't understand why people care about animals in general being dressed up.

The majority of the animals don't care or actually like or need it. My dogs think it's the best thing ever. We don't bother most of the time but when we do put a shirt or jacket on them they love it.

It's just a case of either anthropomorphism or people being stubbornly against something they don't understand.

Rabbits aren't usually the best pets for dressing up since they don't like being picked up, stress easy etc BUT I don't understand why people care about animals in general being dressed up.

The majority of the animals don't care or actually like or need it. My dogs think it's the best thing ever. We don't bother most of the time but when we do put a shirt or jacket on them they love it.

It's just a case of either anthropomorphism or people being stubbornly against something they don't understand.

surely putting clothes on animals is considerably more anthropomorphic than protesting it is?

surely putting clothes on animals is considerably more anthropomorphic than protesting it is?

Exactly this?

In the wild or in a hutch, would a rabbit choose to put a raincoat or a wooly jumper on?

The answer is no. The answer is no, because a rabbit already has a coat and should be protected from the elements either by its warren, or environmental protection in their home.

Anthromophocising is putting 'human' clothes on an animal (the example above was a teddy bears outfit?!) - not the protesting about it.

No, it's anthropomorphising to think they hate it. You're projecting your own feelings about it onto the animal, instead of just seeing how the animal reacts to it. Humans crave to be free, they project that feeling onto animals in various ways. Clothes = restricting.

I'm not saying a rabbit should be put in a raincoat. It might stress them out so if I were to dress a rabbit I'd only do it for pics with a rabbit that I knew it wouldn't stress out.

It's not like I'm a big fan of dressing animals up, I barely ever do, it's just generalizing and things that don't make sense bothers me.

I utterly despise people who dress animals up, especially small animals like this.

I do agree with you, but at times I do think there is a valid reason for it. Pippa who was terribly neglected and painfully thin, struggled to put weight on, as what she did manage to gain, seemed to then be lost through trying to keep warm, so I will admit to having had a jacket made for her, which through keeping her warm, then helped her put weight on.

Back