• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hugs noes rubs for gizmo she in for her op Thursday

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
So stressed out at mo I know it be good to get her eyes flushed but I am worried about GA she as to have to do it she still young rabbit she be 7 months old Friday !!!!!! Hugs princess hope this helps you if not next step is X-ray on her teeth ;(

Put her under to flush her eyes
I had a bunny who needed constant tear duct flushes due to awful teeth, she was never put under GA once for it, admittedly she was a very calm bunny, but at worst, needed to be sedated.

I guess I personally feel a GA is a bit major for a tear duct flush, but that's just my opinion.

I had a bunny who needed constant tear duct flushes due to awful teeth, she was never put under GA once for it, admittedly she was a very calm bunny, but at worst, needed to be sedated.

I guess I personally feel a GA is a bit major for a tear duct flush, but that's just my opinion.

That's what I said to vet but gizmo would not stay still for her to flush her eyes out so the only other one was to put her under and she goes back tomorrow :( poor babie had antibiotic in her food water and powder and inject in her neck nothing as work she had weepy eye for 3 months on off she eats her food veg hay but next step if this don't work is X-ray

That's what I said to vet but gizmo would not stay still for her to flush her eyes out so the only other one was to put her under and she goes back tomorrow :( poor babie had antibiotic in her food water and powder and inject in her neck nothing as work she had weepy eye for 3 months on off she eats her food veg hay but next step if this don't work is X-ray

Sounds more dental to me.

I would ask for the vet to do the x-ray along with a full oral examination while she is under the GA anyway as putting her back under again for the x-ray is putting Gizmo under undue risk, in my opinion.

Sounds more dental to me.

I would ask for the vet to do the x-ray along with a full oral examination while she is under the GA anyway as putting her back under again for the x-ray is putting Gizmo under undue risk, in my opinion.

Yes I was going to say to vet to do all she needs now so I don't have to put her under again as it's not good for her

I don't want to sound too casual about this but she is eating, chewing and well otherwise with a bit of a weepy eye. Assuming she is not bothered by the eye, why flush the tear ducts at all if GA is the only option? Will they just re-clog if she's just prone to "clogged" tear ducts? What do her teeth actually look like and what might be done if they are the problem? I'd be worried about a vet barging on with a GA before thinking through all of these issues. I'm not saying don't do it; I'm just saying I'd be asking some questions. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to sound too casual about this but she is eating, chewing and well otherwise with a bit of a weepy eye. Assuming she is not bothered by the eye, why flush the tear ducts at all if GA is the only option? Will they just re-clog if she's just prone to "clogged" tear ducts? What do her teeth actually look like and what might be done if they are the problem? I'd be worried about a vet barging on with a GA before thinking through all of these issues. I'm not saying don't do it; I'm just saying I'd be asking some questions. :)

I see yes I have ask about this and the vet as said that this needs to be done to help her so I should let her eye go red sore and not care and just bath her eye what would that make me someone that dus not care about her ??? I have been to 4 vets and all have said she needs her eyes flushed I don't want to put her under to get it done u tell me then how u would sort this are u vet

I see yes I have ask about this and the vet as said that this needs to be done to help her so I should let her eye go red sore and not care and just bath her eye what would that make me someone that dus not care about her ??? I have been to 4 vets and all have said she needs her eyes flushed I don't want to put her under to get it done u tell me then how u would sort this are u vet

All you can do and want to do is your best. If the vets all advise it then that's good and it should be done. I wouldn't let it get sore either and I'm sure you wouldn't. It's just whether this solves the problem or not. My old bun had runny eyes all his life. Effectively, there was no cause at all save we think hay/bedding irritated them. I was told to use some "neutral" eye drops to keep them moisturised in the end but only after the vet had exhausted tests. Luckily, Dylan was so dozy he didn't need sedating!! Good luck. :)

Back