• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Absolutely gutted can't believe it..... My rehomed bunnies didn't make it to us 😥

Gemboj

Young Bun
Absolutely gutted can't believe it..... My rehomed bunnies didn't make it to us 😥

Well whoever saw my previous thread last night with my good news of rehoming Betty and Bruce after we were originally buying from a breeder!
Betty died last night :( she had a ruptured stomach - pm is inconclusive!
So shocked and feel dumb about it all!
We have agreed to still take on Bruce if he bonds with another female!
Betty and Bruce were so perfect for our family!
I'm shocked, sad, fed up and very nervous now :(
This happened to us last year when we were going to take on a Shetland pony, the night before I made the phone call to say we would have her she escaped her field and got knocked over my a lorry :( am I jinxed because I sure do feel it xxx

How very sad.

Hoping that Bruce gets a new girlfriend very soon and the adoption can go ahead xxx

Poor Betty. :cry:
I'm so sorry this has happened. No, you're not jinxed - although I can understand why you feel that way - life sometimes throws some hard stuff at us.

Oh no, I'm so sorry :cry: I hope Bruce finds a new friend soon, it sounds like he could really use the extra love you could give him now xx

That's so very sad, I'm so sorry :cry: hope they can pair up Bruce with a female friend for you x

Do you think he will pair or not? If they do pair may there be problems in the near future xx

I'm so sorry to hear that. Yes, he should pair up fine with another girl and there is no reason to expect problems. It's very common to pair up bunnies that have previously lost a partner or just haven't had one before.

Do you think he will pair or not? If they do pair may there be problems in the near future xx

I'm sure they will be able to bond Bruce with another girl - and, although nothing can ever be certain, there is nothing to suggest there will be problems in the near future. x

I've no experience of this to advise personally, but lots of forum members find new partners for their buns without further problems. I think is it Rspca Macclesfield he is at? If so they will be able to give very good advice to you, my Dandy and Beano came from there :thumb:

I've no experience of this to advise personally, but lots of forum members find new partners for their buns without further problems. I think is it Rspca Macclesfield he is at? If so they will be able to give very good advice to you, my Dandy and Beano came from there :thumb:

Yes Bruce is in boarding but near to there!
I haven't told the girls as they will be devastated and won't understand!
I'm gonna say Betty and Bruce fell out and we have found Bruce a new friend x

Oh no I'm sorry to hear about Betty.
I'm sure Bruce will make a new friend though, and it's lovely that you are still happy to give him a home.

I am so sorry this has happened

There shouldnt be any problems with a new bond. My poppy was recently bonded with a new (rescue) boy, when her partner passed away. Rescues are very good at bonding and they'll make sure the bond is set before you take them on. Tbh after neutering and hormones have had a chance to die down and a bond fully formed rabbits usually pair up for life and fall outs are rare.

Aww that is so sad. Just looked them up on the RSPCA Macclesfield website, which one was Betty? They are beautiful looking rabbits.

It says that they were only 16 weeks old when they arrived, so Bruce should have no issues bonding with another bunny. I hope you can still take him.

Back