• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to separate Leo and Kerbie :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I think a combination of spring fever hitting and the fact neither of them are 100% health wise atm pushed them over the edge.. We made their space smaller but Leo wasn't eating and while they still snuggled and groomed each other they kept scrapping and it sounded like it was making Kerbie worse. So I decided to separate before it escalated. They were both being as bad as each other, it started off with Kerbie guarding everything and not letting Leo out of the litter trays. Then they were fine for a few days in the smaller puppy pen that just had hay everywhere, but the chasing was making Kerbie sneeze and I couldn't just leave it to get worse.

They're fine now, the rooms been split in two, Leo is now moving around and eating, Kerbie has started eating hay again, but won't use his litter tray, he won't even go in it so he has a puppy pad and pile of hay on the floor too which he is using as a toilet, I might give him the small cat litter tray instead as he only went in the litter tray if Leo was in it. The litter trays are close but he's just not interested!

My plan is to leave them like this until their medication is done with. Kerbie still has an eye flush left and they are both on baytril and having mite treatment..!

They're both acting normally again now though, also grooming through the bars and lying by each other. But I think Kerbie is just a bit too poorly at the moment.

Last edited:
I think you've done the right thing, especially with keeping them close enough to touch and groom through the bars. :thumb: Hopefully a bit of a "break" from each other will help their bond and their health. Sending vibes for them both. x

Last edited:
I think you've done the right thing, especially with keeping them close enough to touch and groom through the bars. :thumb: Hopefully a bit of a "break" from each other, will help their bond and their health. Sending vibes for them both. x

Exactly this. More vibes from me xx

Awww...poor little guys.... :(
But they aren't completely separate and that's still a nice setup for them. :) I hope they are both doing better soon. xxxx

Oh Aly, I'm so sorry that this has happened :(

Fingers crossed they'll re-bond as if they've never been apart once they're better. Sending lots of vibes.

:cry: hope they are both better soon, and can be rebonded. But they still have a great space anyhow :thumb:

Back