• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well, we've had black, REW, Nethies & harlequins so...... Dutchies!

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
All those with Dutchies out there, time for your own photo shoot! Let's see a rainbow of Dutch bunnies :D:wave:

DSCN0586_zps03ea43b6.jpg

DSCN0583_zps05eef0c1.jpg

DSCN0580_zps7584fbf9.jpg

2012-05-181847361.jpg

I love Dutchies so much- if I ever get the chance, I will get one. They're so handsome looking. I've only had dwarf lops (and a hand-reared tame wild born bun) so far.

I hope it's ok to add Sydnee's picture.
He was my soul bunny and left for the bridge last year.

I hope it's ok to add Sydnee's picture.
He was my soul bunny and left for the bridge last year.

Of course, soul bunnies just can't be seen any more, but they live on in our hearts.

He was lovely - I love that little black splodge in his white shoulders :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frosty and Snowflake are dutch x lionhead.

Snowflake

Frosty

Frosty

Snowflake

Last edited:
I have a Dutch rainbow of 5 although one of them is sadly at the bridge :( I think they are my favourite breed and I love the more unusual colours.

Nori was my first Dutchie, he is going tob 9 this year. He is amazing friendly, sweet and laid back. He loves to be lazy and eats lots! He was originally adopted for the runt of our litter who was bullied (we did not breed the litter) and when she died he bonded to her sister and when she had to be pts he was bonded to her brother. They remain bonded so poor old Nori has provided comfort and friendship to three members of the same bunny family. I am so proud of him, he is so benevolent and generous of spirit.

Orla and Donovan were my second Dutchies. I had always wanted an amber Dutch and these two came up in rescue when I was ready to adopt, they were already bonded and I felt it was meant to be. We brought them up from England to Scotland. Orla is still with us but sadly Donovan died after suffering a cecal impaction. Orla is a housebunny now and bonded to us hoomins. We had tried her with a pair of Dutch crossed boys but she did not like them.

We adopted the Dutch crossed boys regardless. They are both very sweet and gentle natured. Sch lovely nice boys and quite cuddly. They are both chinchilla marked which is unusual for Dutchies or at least you don't see too many Dutch marked chinchilla coloured buns in rescue.
Clover looks more Dutch than Willow but they are both gorgeous regardless.

Last year we adopted Paddy. He was born in rescue so still a baby technically when we brought him home. I normally go for older un rehomable rabbits but two of our buns died the previous month and I felt a breath of fresh air would do us all good. And he did. He is so hyper and silly and bouncy and cheerful and he just makes me laugh he is so mad. He is a lovely boy, very tiny and a lovely chocolate colour. He has a gorgeous English cross mate and she is several sizes bigger tan him so they look quite a funny pair, like she could be his mother.

I have never come across a bad tempered Dutch, my lot are fab. I will definitely adopt more in the future if they come up in rescue but not just now as we are full up!

Awww I love chocolate & chinchilla Dutch bunnies :love: I want one!! And the yellow/amber/whatever - my first bunny, Peppermint, was that colour :love: my second, Stella, was a black Dutch :love:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back