• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

experienced bonders...

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
at what point do i give up?

my two pairs are tolerating each other, but not cosying up in 'bonded' way as a quad. they've been like this since friday. i'm not in a hurry. nobun seems to be hurt though matthew is a bit low. charlie and cecile are much more confident than they were. charlie thinks he's boss bun. i opened the pen last night to let them out for a run but nobun wanted to go.

If you really want them all together I would give it a few more days as long as there is no fighting and they are all eating normally. :thumb:

Yes this ^^ you have come this far so stick with it if you want a quad :thumb:

I only give up if there is a fight (not a scuffle a proper one).

You are very brave - I don't enjoy bonding although have done a fair few over the years xx

thank you both. i will stick with it as i'm not in a hurry and i really do want them together.
if they will share accommodation they can have more space, and if they would get along nobun will have to be alone when their partner goes to the bridge, at least until there's only one left. i am also hoping it will be easier for me...:oops:

oh my.

well, i've separated them into pairs for now. charlie was apparently 'grooming' tabitha, but when i looked at her, he'd taken most of the hair off her poor ear. it doesn't look sore, just bare. charlie's my cuddlebun. he's turned into a monster!

they're all together again this morning, and have been behaving well. nobun seems to be unhappy. except matthew will in a minute when I tell him he's not allowed to eat puppy pads. :evil:

:) I'm not commenting loads but am really enjoying reading your updates and rooting for them to get their acts together!

oh my.

well, i've separated them into pairs for now. charlie was apparently 'grooming' tabitha, but when i looked at her, he'd taken most of the hair off her poor ear. it doesn't look sore, just bare. charlie's my cuddlebun. he's turned into a monster!

This is actually quite common! Overgrooming is a sign of affection, haha. Poor baldy Tabitha :lol:

Back