• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cornwall is the end of the earth!!!

KatP

Alpha Buck
I'm trying to buy my bunnies a really good quality shed but all the online sites I find which can provide what I want don't deliver to Cornwall! Does it really cost that much to drive over the bridge? I only live about 15 miles from the Tamar bridge but even that is too far! I only have a Golf so no way of collecting from them in Devon. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I have found someone just down the road from us but he is charging about £200 more for the shed than those found online, and I need that money to fit the shed out!

Sorry don't really expect any replies just needed a moan after yet another evening spent searching for a shed for my princesses.

I have never heard of a mainland UK company refusing to deliver to Cornwall :shock: Are you sure that it is not a temporary thing due to recent floods etc ?

It's because Cornwall is classed as a remote area, are there no shed companies in Cornwall?

Hope you manage to get one!:( Would it be possible to rent a moving truck and collect it yourself? I have no clue what the distance is between Cornwall and Devon so apologies if that's a silly suggestion!

:(

I've actually been told by a delivery man who failed to deliver that he failed "because my house doesn't exist". I assured him I wasn't standing in a field to phone him.... :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:(

I've actually been told by a delivery man who failed to deliver that he failed "because my house doesn't exist". I assured him I wasn't standing in a field to phone him.... :lol:

Are you serious??? :shock::shock::shock: That's ridiculous!! And also, sorry, but this made me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you serious??? :shock::shock::shock: That's ridiculous!! And also, sorry, but this made me :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry, it made me laugh (including at him!) at the time :lol:

I have to confess, he may not have seen the funny side when I told him that the house had been built in the mid-1700's :lol:

Last edited:
Have you tried looking on ebay for a 'man with a van'? You might find someone local who could collect and deliver for you at a reasonable price. I love Cornwall and hope to move there one day!!

When I worked at Argos, loads of Cornish postcodes didn't work... without the postcode being recognised, we couldn't put thru delivery orders. it was very embarrassing!

Hope you manage to get one!:( Would it be possible to rent a moving truck and collect it yourself? I have no clue what the distance is between Cornwall and Devon so apologies if that's a silly suggestion!

My dad could collect it easily from Devon but when I spoke to the company they said that I still needed an address for them to deliver to or they couldn't process the order :roll: oh well the search continues!!

My dad could collect it easily from Devon but when I spoke to the company they said that I still needed an address for them to deliver to or they couldn't process the order :roll: oh well the search continues!!

Can't you just use someone else's address (as in someone you know!) just for the sake of the order and then collect? Seems odd that they would want to lose a sale due to this

Can't you just use someone else's address (as in someone you know!) just for the sake of the order and then collect? Seems odd that they would want to lose a sale due to this

Yes that's a great idea, I bet the there's someone on RU who lives in Devon :thumb:

Back