• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Eric & Ernie

Lisa F

Mama Doe
We finally picked up our boys from the RSPCA today! It's been a VERY long week of waiting but they are finally home with us. Both are settled very nicely and seem really happy and friendly, they didn't even mind being picked up. It amazes me that they can be so friendly given their background (they had been dumped in a ditch on the side of the road last October and have been at the RSPCA ever since). Poor bunnies. :(

They are outdoor bunnies and we have some rather expansive ideas for the evolution of their home, but for now they are in a hutch with an attached run near our back door so we can keep an eye on them. Currently they are playing football with a treat ball. :lol:

Here is Eric, he is ever so slightly bigger and his one ear pretty much always sticks up.
Eric.jpg

And this is Ernie :)
Ernie.jpg

Lucky bunnies to go to such a wonderful home, they are beautiful. Wishing them long and happy lives together :D

Awww! They know they're safe if they're letting you handle them so soon! :love::love:

REWS (along with Agoutis and black bunnies) are often overlooked in rescues so your boys are extra-specially lucky.

:love::love:

Hoping Eric an Ernie (reminds me of someone?) settle in well and enjoy lots of happiness and care.

I think the boys settled in nicely last night. They were still sleeping this morning when my OH went to check on them but were quite happy to come out for a fuss when I went out to feed them. :D

Not such morning bunnies lol
Morningbunnies.jpg

They look lovely, so does their hay.

Its a funny thing about certain colours being overlooked. I love black, agouti and rew animals ... mind you none of mine are those colours atm :lol:

Back