• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent rabbit niggles

sparkyblue87

Young Bun
We have a pair of spayed females both a year old. They came to us as a bonded pair and fell out as they became more hormonal. We got them spayed and re-bonded them and they have lived together ever since. Recently they have start having a few little tiffs with one rabbit starting to hump the other, behaviour we thought we had seen the end of!! Is anyone else experiencing a similar problem? If so what do you recommend?

Any advice would be appreciated

I'm afraid it's the time of year (Spring!). As your bunnies are both neutered they should hopefully be back to normal soon.

I think it's spring fever! My two Levi and Daisy have been humping each other like crazy! It used to worry me but it doesn't anymore, they don't seem to come to any harm from it, and spend most of the time cuddled up together :)

Yep, it sounds like spring fever to me too - the slightly warmer weather and lighter nights seem to make a lot of bunnies a little more frisky at this time of year. Poor Lola's had to put up with Alfie humping her too. :roll::lol:

I'd just keep an eye on them in case it escalates (it's usually just a bit of humping and chasing and nothing more though) and provide some places the bunny that's being humped can retreat to if they want to get out of the way. Cardboard boxes with a couple of holes in the sides, tunnels, step stools etc.

Back