• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

house rabbits outside in spring/summer?

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
Just wondering if any house bunny mummies put their bunnies outside in the warmer months?

And how do you organise/arrange it. Such as out during the day in a run but in house at night, or out permanently over warmer months in a hutch run set up? I have a grassy section of my garden that I can enclose. Do the night time outdoors bunnies get to have run access at night? I dont have big predators to worry about where I live. Want to get planning and organizing for Binx and Belle.

Thankyou :D xx

Louie is a houserabbit who goes outside everyday, freeranges with back door open so he can come in when he wants, only when someone is home though!

Do you want them to live outside permanently during the summer or just get some fresh air?

Louie is a houserabbit who goes outside everyday, freeranges with back door open so he can come in when he wants, only when someone is home though!

Do you want them to live outside permanently during the summer or just get some fresh air?

Oh iv left the door open at times onto the decking but Binx wont venture out. I had thought out during the day and in at night. Would I just need a run and a few hide aways in that scenario, or a whole hutch system?

I just give them some supervised free range time and they come in when they choose to, however usually they only spend about 15 minutes outside each before heading back in :roll:

My indoor buns pop out to the roof terrace for some fresh air all year round unless it's very cold or wet. I leave the door open and they tend to come back in within 10 minutes during the colder months.

Oh iv left the door open at times onto the decking but Binx wont venture out. I had thought out during the day and in at night. Would I just need a run and a few hide aways in that scenario, or a whole hutch system?

I'd personally say if he will be out all day I would get a hutch and a run.

Back