• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is anyone else able to leave their bunny or bunnies free ranging alone in house?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
It just occurred to me today (after 7 years:shock:) how trusted little Sammy is.

We both work all day so when I get home I like the bunnies to be out their hutches as much as possible. They get outdoor and indoor excercise time. If we need to go out we know we can leave Sammy in the house alone without worrying about him. I bring him into the house, he sits in the livingroom for two minutes if we're lucky then he goes 'you guys are boring me, i'm going to my room' , then he runs up stairs to the spare room (Sammys room). We give him free range of the house (no doors are closed) but he only wants to be in the spare room:shock:
He has some chew toys, water bowl and a litter tray in there, He likes to lie under the bed.

He can be a little grumpy and he's not very sociable. Every now and then he surprises us by allowing us to give him a good clapping.

I brought him in lastnight and then gave him his dinner bowl in the living room. Sammy loves his grub. I was a half hour late with it so I thought he would starting munching straightaway but he just sat staring at me and my H, is face was saying.....'im not eating my dinner here!' So i picked up his bowl and started walking upstairs to his room and as expected he started following me right away:) He has a dinner bowl spot in his room.
Its funny how they know routines and can tell the time. I usually feed him in his room at 6.30. There's been time when I have been ten minutes late and I 've came into his room and he'll be sitting where his dinner bowl should go:) One time he was sat at the doorway looking for me.......I think i was five minutes late with dinner again:roll:

I used to have a house bunny who had free range of the whole house. Every cable and wire was bunny-proofed but aside from that, she did no damage whatsoever and was a little superstar. I used to have BIG notices pinned to the inside of doors reminding my OH not to leave the front door wide open :roll:.

Louie is freerange 24/7. I have also covered any wires but apart from those he is brilliant!

Alfie would be ok with the run of the whole house but Buster, absolutely not! Once you think you have made it all bunny proof Buster can always find something to destroy or some trouble to get into :D

My two free range when I'm home and have a pen when I'm out / asleep. They escaped their pen one day and had pooed all over the living room but hadn't destroyed anything at all, even though they could get to the computer wires as I put one of pen panels in front of it when they free range. Since then however they have started chewing the wall and skirting board in one place and Millie likes to dig and pull up the carpet so I have to watch them! I don't know if maybe they've started doing that because they've turned 6 months old or because it's Spring but I'm hoping they'll stop again soon!

Toshi and Paige are free range whenever we're home and sometimes when we go out for only a couple of hours. If they were allowed out at night... :shock: I'm pretty sure the whole house would fall down.

Olly lives free range in the lounge but can go anywhere he wants downstairs; he won't go in the kitchen though as the floor is slippy! He puts two paws in then backs up :lol: he is so so good though, he doesn't chew anything at all, he has has own little area with blankets on the floor and he tends to just stay there most of the time. He comes running to the kitchen dor at food times though, he knows to within ten minutes when he should be fed :lol: he runs around buzzing like a bee :love:

Olly lives free range in the lounge but can go anywhere he wants downstairs; he won't go in the kitchen though as the floor is slippy! He puts two paws in then backs up :lol: he is so so good though, he doesn't chew anything at all, he has has own little area with blankets on the floor and he tends to just stay there most of the time. He comes running to the kitchen dor at food times though, he knows to within ten minutes when he should be fed :lol: he runs around buzzing like a bee :love:

Hi my bunny as fee range off flat
image_zps4b77083e.jpg

Back