• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried about my bunny op on Thursday can flushing do more bad then good ;(

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
Up at this time lol !!! Me gizmo chill in out and graham vin fast asleep worried about gizmo op ,!!!!!! Giant rabbits are more at Risk putting them under for op ,,,,,, she as to have her noise flushed Thursday !!! The more I am getting to know about just don't want to do it :( ????? But if I don't ,,, it could make here more ell ;( but sure what to do don't want he in pain!!! But don't want to lose her ,,,, she 7 months old Friday !!!!! She had weepy eye on of for 3 month s ?? She been on antibiotic in water and in her food and in her eye and inject in her neck but still as not work so this was last thing to try !!!! Before vet looks at her teeth ;( ??? She look at front teeth they are good ;) it would be good to get this sort ed fie her ;( ????
79a11f732fd4b6cfd25966c04a02fc6e_zps97340590.jpg
:wave::love:
image_zpsb2f59377.jpg
last weekend had her at vets she had water come in out off noise and mouth :( the vet said May have to do with her tear ducks but she said that if flush dus not work then it better look at her teeth ;( don't know if she wright ore not that pic was bit before eye drops it looks little better not so red but still weepy ;( under her mouth is not wet and she eats all food hay veg ;) she had sprained her ankle to so she lot better this weekend ;(

Last edited:
As far as in aware they don't always have to use a full ga fo tear duct flushing.
they can usually get away with a small sedative as it can be over fairly quick :)
take hay in and some of her favourite treats.

who knows she may just need her tear ducts flushed once, to remove what's blocking them and never again.
shall be thinking of her on Thursday xxxx

One of mine has her eyes flushed 3 times a year (ours have one a week for 3 weeks to make sure all nasty stuff is out), takes about 10 minutes I think. One of the boys is having his done at the moment, the last flush is next Thursday. His eyes look much better now, he had gunk coming out of the one for a few days after but it's fine now. They've never been under GA for them though. They're 6 and 7 years old and they've never been particularly phased by flushing.

Make sure the vet checks her back teeth just in case, the one of mine that has hers flushed 3 times a year has hers done because of her teeth (over active tear ducts) but my boy has an infection atm so not tooth related. The vet needs to have a good look with an otoscope because looking at the front teeth doesn't tell you anything that's going on with the back teeth.

Excessive tear production - This is a common sign of dental disease that involves the upper incisors. The tip of the upper incisor root is in close proximity to the tear duct. Inflammation or elongation of the root can partially or totally block the tear duct. The tear gland will still produce tears but they spill over onto the face as opposed to going down the duct. The corners of the eyes appear wet or accumulate a crusty white material that is an accumulation of salt and mucous. Secondary bacterial infections cause inflammation of the tear duct as well as the production of pus.

Back