• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit acupuncture

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
I think my rabbit would benefit from acupuncture for his balance issues-the result of an ear infection.Im sure I have seen people post about acupuncture for rabbits before and wondered if anyone had experience of this or knows of a practitioner for animals.i live in Oxfordshire but would be prepared to travel a reasonable way.Thanks

My Vet does acupuncture. A few of my arthritic Rabbits have benefitted from it. But some Rabbits find it too stressful. Also, I am not sure how helpful it would be for balance issues due to middle ear disease :? Then there is the issue of travel, would the stress of a long journey be counterproductive for a Rabbit with already disturbed balance :?

My Inca had Acupuncture for her Arthritis / curved spine issues. I found that it did help her.

It is an expensive thing. I was £55 a session. Initially she got it once a week, which went to once a month, but luckily I was covered under my Insurance.

Your vet should be able to put you in touch with one. If you find an Acupuncturist in your area then I would speak to them to see if they think that it would help your bunny.

Good luck x

Muesli has had acupuncture for arthritis. He tolerated it well. I've not heard it used for inner ear problems before. Hope your bunny can recover from it.

Thanks all for your help.He recovered well from his ear infection and we thankfully haven't had a relapse but the dizziness he now feels permanently gets him down some days.I thought acupuncture might be an option but maybeIm mistaken although its interesting to see others comments about it for other ailments and as Jane rightly said if we have to travel it might be counterproductive.I think there are meds to help with dizziness but I feel that the stress of having those daily might outway the benefits.He does have good days and his wifeybun snuggles and supports him:love:

Back