• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Logs and tree stumps?

Schez

Mama Doe
So, I'm thinking (yep, uh oh... :lol:;)) I really want to improve/enrich the bunnies enclosures and would really love to find some logs and tree stumps to add to them... But... Where do I start? Who do I approach/ask for some? Any ideas? I believe that some trees are best avoided, such as trees with stone bearing fruit? I think I'm on the right track... :oops:

My bunnies have rotations of toys/tunnels, I also want to add digging trays - so will scout the forum for ideas for digging materials. Was thinking about using those raised potting beds... https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-27th-february/product-detail/ps/p/raised-bed/ ...

Also, whilst I'm on a roll and idea collecting, I was thinking about toys that encourage bunnies to stretch up/periscope... Any ideas for this?

Thank you RU. :love:
:D

So, I'm thinking (yep, uh oh... :lol:;)) I really want to improve/enrich the bunnies enclosures and would really love to find some logs and tree stumps to add to them... But... Where do I start? Who do I approach/ask for some? Any ideas? I believe that some trees are best avoided, such as trees with stone bearing fruit? I think I'm on the right track... :oops:

My bunnies have rotations of toys/tunnels, I also want to add digging trays - so will scout the forum for ideas for digging materials. Was thinking about using those raised potting beds... https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-27th-february/product-detail/ps/p/raised-bed/ ...

Also, whilst I'm on a roll and idea collecting, I was thinking about toys that encourage bunnies to stretch up/periscope... Any ideas for this?

Thank you RU. :love:
:D

I always wanted to put logs and stumps in with the bunnies but I'm too scared I pick the wrong ones :roll:
I use a bird feeder from the pound shop for stretching :thumb: I fill it with their night time greens or herbs or hay etc.......and it's only a pound!

This is willow enjoying his.....can you see the bird feeder i mean? It's a good image, it's the type you out fat balls in:wave:

Also if got this from Pinterest ....but I've never tried it, I think willow would pull the whole thing down in frustration :lol::lol:

Also if got this from Pinterest ....but I've never tried it, I think willow would pull the whole thing down in frustration :lol::lol:

Aw I like the idea of hanging something up for my bunnies in their pen to keep them busier while I'm at work but I'm worried they'd manage to pull the whole pen down around them!!

ETA: Sorry OP, I'm not sure who could ask about tree stumps, I know we had trees by us pulled out in the wind recently but they were taken away pretty fast once the river water went down. The raised bed looks good but it says the wood is treated, so I'm not sure about them nibbling on it? I think there's an idea for encouraging them to stand up on a toy sticky somewhere, just using string and loo rolls and stuffing them with hay.

Last edited:
Oooooo....

Thank you Willowsmum and Kirotea!

I love the bird feeder ideas and the washing line... :lol: I need to go and find supplies.:thumb:

Kirotea, I had a quick look at the linky, and that is exactly what I'm after, thank you for taking the time to linky it for me, I'm armed with some ideas now so the bunnies should have an interesting time.

Ps. Yep, after I posted, I read through again and it said it was treated... Still thinking of purchasing it to grow herbs in for the bunnies. ;) if I was DIY skilled, I could make something... But then, if I could find a large enough storage box, that might do for digging... :D

i so need to make bisc a washing line :shock: he would love that! :love:

what about a willow tree stump? my dad pulled theirs up the other week and it was massive! :shock:

Ask a local tree surgeon (whatever they call them where you are!)
I have just started dating one so result for the bunnies :lol:
He said he gets asked all the time for logs and branches for various animals, he is happy to give them to people as is saves him having to dispose of them.

Back