• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elijah doesn't want his tea .... U/D Tuesday - refusing food again

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:( He was a bit unenthusiastic last night but been okay all day. He's not moulting particularly.

I do hope he wants his parsley soon, he doesn't look in pain just miserable. He ran away when I offered him a little biscuit and did an 'I feel sorry for myself' roll.

Vibes??

Last edited:
vibes for elijah. have you tried chasing him about a bit? i do this for matthew and it saves a trip to the vets. feels cruel though.

:cry:

What's his output been like today ?

Sending vibes for him xx

Okay, normal. Well, Elijah doesn't usually pop many out during the day, he usually waits til 9 pm and then does a day's worth (either that or he eats all the daytime ones:roll:). He's on his potty now with a look of intense concentration.

vibes for elijah. have you tried chasing him about a bit? i do this for matthew and it saves a trip to the vets. feels cruel though.

Thanks. I don't need to chase him, poor lad, he knows I've worked out he's not right so he thinks he's going to the vet so gives me the runaround anyway!

Louie has done this a few times. I always give him some warm water and some tummy rubs and he has started eating soon afterwards.

Thanks for the vibes.

He's now residing at the vets having been x-rayed and had a blood glucose test.

The BG was 15.3 :( Fairly typical for Elijah. This x-ray confirms there isn't a full blockage but there was evidence of something passing through that was causing discomfort, build up of gas etc. It's anticipated with meds and TLC that it will pass through, but this is Elijah we are talking about so I will worry until I know he's eating and pooping.

Poor Elijah:cry:

Sorry I missed this earlier. Hope Elijah has improved overnight and sending more vibes.

Thank you so much for the vibes everybody.

He hasn't eaten or pooped overnight :cry::cry:

He went back home with his uncle Nigel last night so they could keep a close eye on him so FHB has monitored him, seen his x-ray etc, did a further blood glucose on him at 1 am which had only gone down to 13:( Elijah is brighter this morning and was stamping at one of NHB's vocal parrots :oops: He isn't eating yet though. He's back at the surgery and being monitored and syringe fed etc. NHB says though he's not out of the woods they aren't greatly worried about him. It's following the same pattern as when he had a full blockage though (he hadn't eaten by morning then either). I'm still worried but at least I know he's in the safest hands. NHB said that if anything dire was happening I'd be the second to know, his wife being the first.

I missed this yesterday and am sorry to hear that your little man still isn't feeling well this morning. I hope he feels better very soon. xx

Hope Elijah is eating soon.

I have seen you talk about glucose levels before. I would be interested to know what it means, I don't really know much about it. :oops:

Back