• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colonel Colin- UPDATED With VERY Unexpected News Post 16

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He is about 8 now and he has degenerative arthritis. He is on treatment, but the condition is progressing and ultimately he will lose all use of his hind legs. I will then have to let him go as he is not a Rabbit who would cope at all well with hind leg paralysis :cry:

Last edited:
The poor Colonel, I have such a soft spot for that goofy boy and its sad to know his back legs are not good. I hope it doesn't get much worse.

Poor Colonel Colin :( he and Mimzy could swap stories as every once in awhile my boy seems to be getting very creaky. I haven't reached his daily limit on metacam yet though and he can sure give me starch when he doesn't want a fuss...so I take that as a sign he's still doing well.

Sending lots of comfortable days vibes your way. Please give Colin an extra snuggle from me. xxxx

Lovely Colonel Colin :love:

I hope he can remain happy and comfortable. Please give him a noserub from me xxx

Fingers crossed the arthritis doesn't get too much worse & he enjoys many more years with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I never expected this, but after 2 days of intensive physio The Colonel managed to jump up to the 'top deck' to take advantage of this morning's sunshine !! He definitely has more tone to what remains of his rear end muscles

He sat in a sun drenched stupor for ages !!

Back