• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 rabbits sharing breakfast for the first time :D

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Here's a pic of all 4 of my rabbits having breakfast together for the first time! I don't feel I can call them a quad yet until they're a bit more established! Skye is well camouflaged but you can just see her in the bottom left :D

I did sweep up the floor as best as I could. Eventually I'm hoping they'll share a plate, or when they're all using the upper level I can put food up there, off the floor.

Yeah, Heidi is not sure is she. Give them time.

She's a difficult one to read Heidi, I still don't think I've figured her out! When I got her she was the most aggressive rabbit I've ever seen, lunging and grunting all the time, ears back, but I think it was all fear related, who knows what situation she came from. She changed overnight after her spay but she still hates being handled, she was the worst to catch yesterday - Summer and Skye tried running away and hiding but they're fine once I get them, although they don't want to be held for long! Dash just let me pick him straight up but Heidi was really fearful and was stomping and doing that little fear squeaky grunt they do! But once I get hold of her, she'll really snuggle in. I suppose it all stems from fear and uncertainty, she's probably acting this way now so she doesn't become the bullied one. All bullying stems from insecurity I suppose doesn't it.

Great to see them all together. My quad are still doing ok. I was at a rescue the other day and the lady in charge there reakons that groups of rabbits rarely work. I hope our quads prove to be the exception to her rule.

Great to see them all together. My quad are still doing ok. I was at a rescue the other day and the lady in charge there reakons that groups of rabbits rarely work. I hope our quads prove to be the exception to her rule.

Thanks, glad yours r still doing well too :wave: That's not the greatest vote of confidence from the rescue lady :roll: I'm not sure that's true in all cases, I can imagine in a lot of cases it wouldn't work for various reasons but I think in many cases rabbits will be happier in a group, as it's more natural to them. Have a look at rabbitats on Facebook if u haven't already, see what they do with groups :D I think I'm lucky that I've been able to get a brand new shed and kit it out with new/new to the bunnies stuff. I think the set up has really helped. If I'd have tried small space bonding I think it would have been a completely different story. And I imagine indoor bondings r much harder too as it's more difficult to completely neutralise everything, there's got to come a time when they'll be allowed into a non neutral area plus they have the humans in the mix too!! I think it's helped mine also to be left alone, as I've been able to watch them on the monitor, I've stayed away. That helped when I bonded Heidi and Dadh too, every time I went to check on them they, well Heidi really, got jumpy and skittish again and I felt it set her back so I just had to leave them (I could see a bit from the window!). Nerve racking as it was, it really helped I think.

I've been away for a week and missed your quad bonding, looks like it's going well :thumb: touch wood my quad have always been fine together, and I think as a group they are better than as the 2 pairs. Sending bonding vibes that things continue going well :thumb:

I love the rabitats facebook page. Really inspiring. I do think that having lots of space encourages groups to work better. Probably why so many ruers have happy groups.

Back