• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do I do this to myself?

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
Why do I have to go looking for a new bunny? I love REWs and have just heard they get overlooked in rescue because most people don't like them due to the red eyes. I love unusual coloured eyes in animals, as I child I only picked red eyed animals.

Cue me trawling rescue sites for a REW girl as I think I'd be more likely to be allowed a girl as I have 4 boys already.

But, I've offered for 2 bunnies in rescue in the past 6 months and got neither which have both really upset me. One because they felt I was too far away - fair enough - and the other because someone else offered who had a similar setup to his old home - again fair enough. But it has made me a bit anxious to go through the emotional roller coaster again.

I adore my boys, but would really love a girl. Why can't I just be satisfied with the four I've got? Why do I have a need for a fifth bunny?! Aaaaaagh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you got a girl who would you put her with? Would you add her to the quad?

I went through a phase when I very nearly got a third bunny, I really was very tempted by one boy in particular. What stopped me in the end was the fact that I couldn't risk the bond Levi and Daisy have just to satisfy myself. I also don't really have space for a third bun at the moment so it wouldn't be fair.

Maybe look at it from the bunnies point of view, would a 5th bun be good for them or not?

As I write this Levi and Daisy are both flopped out and cuddling up on my bed :) Daisy just did a full on DBF for the first time ever :) :)

for the first few years of having bunnies, i wanted more and more and more. my dream was a yard full of gothic bonded black buns, black ones being hard to rehome...

but seven and three-quarter years in, with the four i originally committed to, after reading here assiduously (for pleasure as well as for education) and especially after reading about rescues and what that life takes out of rescuers - i wouldn't have another bunny given. they are beautiful. i love the ones i have. but i don't need the pain, or the work, or the expense.

syrian hamster for me, when my four eventually go to the bridge.

If you got a girl who would you put her with? Would you add her to the quad?

I went through a phase when I very nearly got a third bunny, I really was very tempted by one boy in particular. What stopped me in the end was the fact that I couldn't risk the bond Levi and Daisy have just to satisfy myself. I also don't really have space for a third bun at the moment so it wouldn't be fair.

Maybe look at it from the bunnies point of view, would a 5th bun be good for them or not?

As I write this Levi and Daisy are both flopped out and cuddling up on my bed :) Daisy just did a full on DBF for the first time ever :) :)

I was thinking for Slipper, but yes I keep forgetting I have a quad now :oops: and not a potential pair (Slipper & girl) & trio (Badger, Blueberry & Blackavar).

I do keep trying to resist temptation, it's soooo hard though! I want a Conti too, if a REW Conti girl comes up for rescue locally, I'll be in serious trouble!!

If you want a conti you could always have a single conti girl who free ranges the entire house.....

Just sayin'

:) :)

Yay!!! Free ranging contis are just like cats but more sociable so it would be different to your current bunnies..... :lol:

If you want a conti you could always have a single conti girl who free ranges the entire house.....

Just sayin'

:) :)

Yay!!! Free ranging contis are just like cats but more sociable so it would be different to your current bunnies..... :lol:

That's my dream! A lovely Conti girl to share my home :love: I don't think a rescue would rehome a single to me though? :?

Back