• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

four bunnehs... (not pics)

happybun

Wise Old Thumper
four bunnehs in one 30x30" enclosure. two pairs who have known each other all their lives, been living nearby for two plus years, side by side for one. had a lot of cleaning out to do this morning and bunged them all in somewhere new together. don't know how long my nerve will hold. they have a corner each like tag teams, and come out occasionally to spar. :shock: got to get back, they're upstairs, where i can see them from bed, bathroom and most things except the computer. :shock:

its like a stake out. corner each, dozing and glaring.
no humping and no trying to be together.
cecile demanded grooming but everybun told her to get lost.
matthew ousted charlie from his corner. half an hour later, charlie took it back.
tabitha is sitting quiet, glaring at everybun and hoping it will all be over soon.
i've got the rabbit room empty. i've bleached part of the floor and the windows are open for airing.
i'm getting big ideas about repainting the walls. :lol:
i don't have a camera, jack...

Way to go Happybun..You have nerves of steel.....

i hope this bunny tag team works out....

all the best
fee x

another word... money! i do really need a camera, i have for years. maybe in a month or two. depends. i've spent extra money on sandpaper and polyfilla today. :oops: its only my first day of 'not spending'. :(

No good having a camera and not computer savvy (talking about myself, you understand!) Good luck with the bunnies.

Ooooo another quad. Very best of luck. I loved bonding my bunch (despite the stress). We need some more descriptions. My lot did some separate glaring at first. They also did a bit of chasing and fur pulling after a while.

I hope you manage to get some sleep. !!!

matthew has been the only one flopping, and at one point was flopped against his sister, tabitha. message to the bunny world - " see me, matthew? i'm boss bunny. you bunnehs don't bother me one bit. and nor does mummeh, who will speak firmly to me if i pull out your fur. so i'm just lying here to show you how relaxed and in charge i am."
they've all had carrot slices. everybun is eating hay. they don't love each other but they aren't fighting. cecile is sphinxing, charlie's just podding about eating everything he can find. tabby rabbit is keeping out of everybun's way.
its fairly quiet. but they have lived side by side with only puppy pen panels (no safety gap) for quite a long time.

Sounds promising. Frosty did a lot of 'I am in charge' type flopping too!!!

I do hope it all works out.

all mini lops, two brother-sister pairs. m + t are bigger than c+c.
m+t were orange as babies. t is definitely sooty fawn now, m is heading towards a brighter agouti, i'd say. their mum was agouti.
charlie is white sealpoint, but is pale grey at the moment for the winter... or summer... his coat isn't looking too bad so i don't know where he's up to with moulting.
cecile is a really dark grey. she's a beautiful little bunny. not black, but very dark.
they won't go together, visually, as a foursome, which has put me off bonding them before. but they're going on for eight years old (june birthdays) and i'd rather they were together now than have to bond them when somebun goes to the bridge.
they all came from breeders. don't be shocked. you can see mat and tab here:
http://www.torviewlops.co.uk/favouritepics.htm
scroll right to the bottom. pic bottom left. matthew on left, tabby on right. middle bun (their brother) had gone to a new home before i met them.
the fourth picture above that is them again.
counting from the bottom, right column, the eleventh pic up is tabby, posed like that to hide her black mark that makes her unfit for show. her face is too dwarf anyway, for mini lop classes. matthew was perfect though. i don't show buns. but he's such a handsome boy.
this is charlie:
http://www.freewebs.com/blackshaw-bunnies/apps/photos/photo?photoid=15170097
in fact, photos 1,2,3 in that album are charlie and cecile (not cecil, as it says).
picture 7 is charlie, cecile and my own kit...

Last edited:
they're having supper. all quiet. seem to be ignoring each other. they're getting through the hay, though. never known them eat so much. it must be a case of 'i'll eat this so they can't have it!'
i'll take up some greens when i go to bed. see if they can agree on who gets what...

Last edited:
"is we best friends yet, mummeh? no, we is not!"

well, i still have four, that's something.

this morning, they were in their original pairs, at either side of the pen. i suppose that's ok. i'm giving them more space shortly. matthew and charles had a bit of a scrap earlier. i might leave ikea until later in the week...

eta: extended the pen. "ooh, now we is fighting mummeh. dares you leave the room or will me and mafew kills each other? we'se been told off but we planning somefink big when you go for the water bottles!"

and another eta: matthew and charlie just ran at each other - but a firm 'stop it!' from mummy has caused them to sit neatly side by side as if butter wouldn't melt...

Last edited:
Back