• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

33 hours of bonding and still Misty is thumping!

moi

Mama Doe
She will let Timmy groom her but mostly she moves away from him, and when hes doing nothing or even sleeping she keeps thumping her feet. Im worried she wont take to him x

Last edited:
It really can take time :)

Very early days and not really an indication of success or not ... stick with it!

She sounds like she is being a bit awkward. I have had a couple like this. I wonder whether she would be happier in a bigger space so she can get away from him if she wants to. Then she can come around in her own time. Sorry I don't know what else to advise.

I am a fan of bonding in REALLY small spaces (just enough room for a litter tray with hay, which they would have to sit in and water bowl), and would only increase space very very gradually as they became bonded :)

Cant offer advice sorry. But Bluebelle iscdoing the same with Binx. I wish you lots of luck. :thumb:

Mine r doing lots of stomping too!! But they're only a few hrs in, it's mainly Summer but the poor girl does keep getting chased out of everywhere :? Hope they settle soon. Will update on my thumping situation after 33hrs :lol: Good luck :wave:

I think we may have a breakthrogh, Misty is looking relaxed while Timmy grooms her :) she's yet to groom in return though :) x

33 hours is no time at all. Im on day 12 and we still have scraping and only washing from one side !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back