• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit hoarder on TV

I can't see how they can get enough attention :roll:

I can't comment on this particular owner but don't assume that just because some one has a high number of rabbits they don't get enough attention. We have close to 30 rabbits and have had over 40 in the past and they all got all the the love and attention they need :D

I can't comment on this particular owner but don't assume that just because some one has a high number of rabbits they don't get enough attention. We have close to 30 rabbits and have had over 40 in the past and they all got all the the love and attention they need :D

Have to agree.. with the babies not yet rehomed plus mum, dad and another pair soon to be up for rehoming (plus a foster pair) I have a fair few pairs and g pigs. I'm not at work due to MH stuff and all my days are pretty much dedicated to the bunnies. They all get cuddles and meds and sometimes I have to stay in one place for ages because they will wash my nose and hair :love:

Not sure I want to watch the programme in case I want to punch the tv :oops: :lol: I'm really hoping they aren't in very small hutches :(

For god sake what is wrong with people today.....I'm not judging people having loads of rabbits or any of you individually. SOME people can provide multiple rabbits with care and attention, I'm mearly commenting on this particular lady and from what I've read (I've yet to watch it and get the facts) what this appears to be.

If you refer to my first post I did state that if they are cared for correctly then fine.....

I'm sure the person researching this programme contacted me through ru just under a year ago.
shesaid she had read some of my threads and was interested in me as a rabbit hoarder!

I told her I had 3 rabbits and at the most 5 when I was fostering for a rescue.
I told her I was slightly offended as my rabbits were all neutered, inoculated and given the best I could possibly give and that I wouldn't call myself a hoarder at all.

She had the cheek to ask me who on the forum could be a possible hoarder and I replied nobody on here.

I'm sure the person researching this programme contacted me through ru just under a year ago.
shesaid she had read some of my threads and was interested in me as a rabbit hoarder!

I told her I had 3 rabbits and at the most 5 when I was fostering for a rescue.
I told her I was slightly offended as my rabbits were all neutered, inoculated and given the best I could possibly give and that I wouldn't call myself a hoarder at all.

She had the cheek to ask me who on the forum could be a possible hoarder and I replied nobody on here.

:shock: OMG!!!

For god sake what is wrong with people today.....I'm not judging people having loads of rabbits or any of you individually. SOME people can provide multiple rabbits with care and attention, I'm mearly commenting on this particular lady and from what I've read (I've yet to watch it and get the facts) what this appears to be.

If you refer to my first post I did state that if they are cared for correctly then fine.....

The title and the blurb don't bode very well. I'm sure those on here with lots of bunnies don't need 'professional declutterers'. Although I bet an extra pair of hands wouldn't go amiss sometimes.

The way i read it, tbe op wasn't condoning people who care for many rabbits as we all know those on here give their rabbits the love, care, space and attention they need. But was speculating on the conditions these rabbits are kept in.

I read about the programme and it seems she has such a cluttered house as hoards loads of stuff so no room to move x

It annoys me when people (I mean like the reporter, NOT the op) assume that having lots of animals automatically makes someone a 'hoarder' :evil:
If someone has lots of animals and cares for them and the animals are all in lovely set-ups then that's just a pet owner with more pets than other people.

Someone called me an animal hoarder once and I was rather shocked and upset.
I had 5 gerbils (in 2 set ups) 4 rabbits (in 2 set ups) an elderly cat and 1 hamster!
She was nuts :roll:

I think that the idea of the programme is to get people who really have a problem and have let things go way too far though, so I don't think that the set ups will be brilliant. The idea is to make 'exciting' tv and the shock factor would not be very big if it turned out that they were immaculately looked after :( I don't doubt that some people can look after large numbers of animals very well, but for others they start off well-meaning and then just can't say 'no' when it becomes known that they will take in waifs and strays and things quickly get out of hand.

Back