• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg this just come out of her hay bag so mad pets at home hay

Ajones3169

Warren Scout
That's it no more pets at home stuff for me omg
e41cbb589dc54aad3d8177c38b689f98_zpsa78a74fa.jpg
fb0a5cc161536b21fb60b2406b55fe49_zps8d42d168.jpg
get on phone wright now if I was not looking at hay to put in her ball for side off cage I would have net see it so mad do need to ring vet she been eating out off that bag:(

Last edited:
To be fair I think sometimes people have found dead mice in their hay regardless of where it has come from, farm hay/hay for pets etc. After all hay is a natural product, mice live in fields, and they can't be 100% sure that they haven't missed any when they bale it. I agree it's not pleasant but it won't have done her any harm I don't think, it looks pretty dried out to me.

You should contact excel and let them know. You can post it to them with the bar code from the hay bag. They've been really good in the past when I've found dog/cat food in my rabbit nuggets. Although it is bad, it's nature unfortunately as small animals live in the fields where they grow the hay.

Yip, horrible, but it can happen with any hay supplier.

I had a dead mouse in my Burns Green Oat Hay before.

To be fair I think sometimes people have found dead mice in their hay regardless of where it has come from, farm hay/hay for pets etc. After all hay is a natural product, mice live in fields, and they can't be 100% sure that they haven't missed any when they bale it. I agree it's not pleasant but it won't have done her any harm I don't think, it looks pretty dried out to me.

this ^^^

You should contact excel and let them know. You can post it to them with the bar code from the hay bag. They've been really good in the past when I've found dog/cat food in my rabbit nuggets. Although it is bad, it's nature unfortunately as small animals live in the fields where they grow the hay.

It won't hurt to contact them like Jenova said :wave:

Hi Gizmo:love:

This ^ - no hay supplier can prevent this from occuring. It doesnt matter how much or little you spend, or where you get it from. It will also do no harm, just not nice for you. Ive had a few mice, a rat, part of a pidgeon, in 12yrs of loaning and owning ponies and 5yrs of bunny ownership.

If you dont want to use remainder of bag, you could contact excel - they'll probably give you a voucher for some more and/or you can return the bag to pets at home and ask for a replacement.

Last edited:
I really wouldn't worry about it, no point being mad, it's not going to hurt anyone.

I've had mice, birds, lizards and all sorts in my hay over the years.

It's part of nature! :)

Hi they have said that they pay for a cheek up at vet for her. And he going to ring me back some time this week

Last edited:

Agreed, though last year I found a rabbit thigh bone :censored: in a bag of hay from Wilkinsons. At the time I wasn't very amused as it was the finely chopped processed stuff like above. I can understand finding things in hay chopped and baled from the field, like Hay for Pets or a local farm, but not this finely chopped stuff. I was going to complain but once I calm down, I didn't bother.

Yes it dus the vet as done blood test and cheek on her and she as said same but to be on safe side she got blood test done

Oh dear what a horrible surprise! Glad Gizmo is ok though, more distressing for you than bun I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Even Hay for Pets has stuff like this in, its one of those things that is difficult to avoid. I found a large wing from a bird of pray in my hay 4 pets hay a few months ago, although they are good and offered me half a bag for free.

A friend of mine who has horses buys great big bales and found a hutch in one :shock: Now that is disturbing.

Even Hay for Pets has stuff like this in, its one of those things that is difficult to avoid. I found a large wing from a bird of pray in my hay 4 pets hay a few months ago, although they are good and offered me half a bag for free.

A friend of mine who has horses buys great big bales and found a hutch in one :shock: Now that is disturbing.

i didnt think anything in hay could shock me anymore but OMG!!! That is awful and theres no excuse for that, how on earth could you not see a hutch when baleing:shock:

Back