• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny!

Anvic

New Kit
Hello everyone.

I haven't posted for a few weeks since Carmen was ill, and it was lovely that I got so much support. She is much better now, in fact, better than ever thank goodness. I have been working hard to earn some money for the vets bill, only joking but it was a big bill. She is, of course, worth every penny. She is back with Lena and their relationship is still 'iffy', they like to be in the same room, but not in the same home (they are house bunnies, each with their own bed, bowls etc since the great fall out!). However, I have fallen in love with a rabbit that needs a home. He was handed in at the pet shop where I get my hay and bunny toys etc. They don't do rescues but the people said they couldn't keep him. He has had two homes, he is 2-3 years old and is so, so sweet. He s in very good condition, and obviously has been well looked after but he is so sad. Something made me just say I will have him and will pick him up in the morning. He isn't neutered and I am worried about having an adult male 'fixed'. Will he be ok? I have always taken rescues from the sanctuary and they have already had their ops. He is a netherlands dwarf, and very loving. I know them at the pet shop, it is a pet supply shop rather than animal selling shop, but they had to take him. He obviously has something about him. Please, please, can you all give me a bit of reassurance. Thank you all.x

He sounds really nice and boys get over being neutered very well so you shouldn't have any problems. Will you try bonding him with your girls?

He sounds really nice and boys get over being neutered very well so you shouldn't have any problems. Will you try bonding him with your girls?

Hi, I don't know what to do really. I know it doesn't really matter the size of bunny, breed etc, but my girls are both big bunnies, and he is such a little soul. I will let him settle in another room for a week or two, then take him into them whilst they are in their respective homes, and see what the initial reaction is, it might be love at first sight for them, as it was for me when I saw him. He looked so sad, he seemed to speak to me somehow. Both Carmen and Lena are spayed so that isn't a problem. Hope he will be ok and have a long and happy life with us. I will take a picture asap.x

Hi, I don't know what to do really. I know it doesn't really matter the size of bunny, breed etc, but my girls are both big bunnies, and he is such a little soul. I will let him settle in another room for a week or two, then take him into them whilst they are in their respective homes, and see what the initial reaction is, it might be love at first sight for them, as it was for me when I saw him. He looked so sad, he seemed to speak to me somehow. Both Carmen and Lena are spayed so that isn't a problem. Hope he will be ok and have a long and happy life with us. I will take a picture asap.x

I really wouldn't advise letting him anywhere near them until he is neutered. Most girls, even spayed, do not take kindly to other bunnies being in their territory, especially an unneutered male. Also, he may seem lovely now but one whiff of a female bun and he's likely to turn into a little hormonal wreck :lol: much more sensible to wait until he is neutered, allow 4-6 weeks for hormones to die down, and then introduce them on neutral ground :)

I really wouldn't advise letting him anywhere near them until he is neutered. Most girls, even spayed, do not take kindly to other bunnies being in their territory, especially an unneutered male. Also, he may seem lovely now but one whiff of a female bun and he's likely to turn into a little hormonal wreck :lol: much more sensible to wait until he is neutered, allow 4-6 weeks for hormones to die down, and then introduce them on neutral ground :)

Hi, I agree, though he is 2 or 3 years old now, so probably his hormones are already raging! I wouldn't let him near the girls for quite a while as Carmen has been ill. I will take him to the vet once he has got over the trauma of moving again, book him in when they say it is best and then take it all very slowly. As he is adult and not been neutered it might take him longer to settle than a little bun who hasn't had hormones to deal with for very long! Poor little soul, he must wonder what is happening, and I don't know how they could part with him.x

Back