• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny suddenly fiesty over food?

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
Any obvious reasons for this that anyone has experienced? For the last few weeks, Benji has become a bit fiesty when I take the trio their food and has a little lunge at my hands. I DON'T back off as I don't want him to get any worse so I sit there and hand feed him so that he realises hands and food are a good thing. But he's not getting any better :?

Now this may seem a bit whacky BUT he seems to have got fiesty since I've been feeding timothy hay ad-lib from Timothyhay.co.uk. Could the richness of the hay have anything to do with it? I don't really want to stop feeding it as it's so good for them but on the other hand I don't want to encourage him to be bolshy. He's really stroppy with poor old Pod at food time and he chases her out of the shed. I have to feed her separately :(.

All three buns are neutered and aged between 6 and 7. They've been a trio since September last year so this is their first Spring all together.

The days are getting longer and as you say it is their first spring together. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a bit of spring fever :?

The days are getting longer and as you say it is their first spring together. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a bit of spring fever :?

I did wonder if it was linked to spring too:?. He's usually soooo placid but this is his first spring with other bunnies for company plus they're females, which is probably making him worse. Ah well, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and making him feed from my hand. Takes me ages to get to work in the morning :roll::lol:.

Back