• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those that use trinity vets in Maidstone

Carrie14

Mama Doe
Or anyone else in the south east of England. Where do you get your hay from and do you know where to get bales of timothy hay? I know it's the holy grail of rabbit keeping, but it's worth a try!

Last edited:
I think the hay experts sell it on their website?

Thank you but I mean the bales you get like farm hay? Would love to have the money to buy it all from there! :lol:

Gah just looked and its nearly £20 for a 10 pound bag. I get bales for £4 and they weigh about 70 pounds :shock:

Last edited:
:lol: desperate for answers! They do sell/grow it in uk but it's all up north and I live in kent. I got some from Scotland and it's gorgeous, just too expensive :(

:wave: Thanks for the heads up Amy.

My geography's not great :oops: so I don't know how far away it is from you but I get bales of timothy for £5 from The Burstead Farm Shop in Little Burstead, Essex (near Billericay).

The bunnies love it but it's nothing like the timothy that you can buy pre-packed - it's very light in colour and really stalky. I can take a photo or, even better, can send you a sample for the cost of postage if you want to see whether it's worth making the trip.

Thank you both so much :love:

Just googled it and it is 36 miles away. O.h. has a big truck so I think I could convince him if I said it would reduce the amount of dentals needed :thumb:

Is it in or near country side? Thinking we could do a walk or something. Looks quite green on google map? Sometimes ru is great :D

Just save some hay for me! :lol::lol: They grow their own hay so it's an idea to call up before you make the journey too as they don't always have hay at the shop itself.

I'm not that familiar with the area as it's about a 30 minute drive from me :oops: but I'm sure there must be some places nearby to go walking. Looking at the map there's a nature reserve called Mill Meadows not too far away but I don't know what it's like there.

Won't take it all don't worry! :lol: Thank you! I'm sure I recognise bubbles in your signature. Do you use trinity?

Yes I go to that farm shop too, their meadow hay is usually also beautiful! The countryside around there is nice, there's some lovely country pubs and woodland areas to walk in. I'm not familiar enough with it to know exactly where is good, but there's a pub that always looks nice called the Olde Dog on the road into the farm shop and there's some nice looking countryside around there.

I use Trinity and couldn't find any bales of hay but I think they may make my hayfever worse anyway so prepacked stuff is better for me. I did go to a farm/horse place in Chislehurst. I think they may sale bales of hay for horses, it's called Frogpool Manor Farm.

Won't take it all don't worry! :lol: Thank you! I'm sure I recognise bubbles in your signature. Do you use trinity?

:lol::lol: And no, I've never been to Trinity. Bubbles went to the bridge about 18 mths ago now :( but she must have a double. :love:

I agree with Santa too - the meadow hay's also lovely. It's nice and green at the moment. :love:

:D

I picked a bale of each up a couple of weeks ago and I think the meadow hay looks nicer than the timothy at the moment but the bunnies still seem to be eating both.

I don't know about normal hay in Kent but definitely invest in Timothy or Orchard hay from the Hays Expert for dental rabbits. It costs £71.98 for either hay a bale.

I have a dental bunny and he had 6 or 7 dentals last year, so many I lost count and the dentals were getting closer and closer, about 7 weeks apart. He had unlimited normal meadow hay every day, I was trying anything I could think of to help reduce his dentals.

The woman at The Hays Expert recommended Orchard Hay for its high silicone content to grind teeth down. It didn't work immediately and Mr B did have a dental after I introduced to him but massively increased the amount he had and now I fill his dog crate with it and its nearly 5 months since his last dental. I am certain its the expensive hay working to keep his teeth down. I go through about £30 a month but its a lot cheaper than a dental.

I don't know about bales but I use hayforpets.co.uk and timothyhay.co.uk and I think they're good bake

Back