• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay eating, out of interest

Kirotea

Mama Doe
Just a silly little question out of interest! My two bunnies will always go and eat whatever hay is put down last. It doesn't matter if it's the same hay and it's put down somewhere else 2 minutes later that's the one they will eat. It comes in handy when doing the litter trays as I can do litter tray 2 and once the hay goes in they will sit in there and munch even if they have been in their base eating the same hay and then I can clean out their base without them getting in the way!

Do your bunnies do this? These are my first so I'm not sure if it's something they do or all rabbits do!

Yep, fresh hay is the best thing ever... Well there is one kind if hay that can beat it, the old ratty hay that they have been completely ignoring and sitting on all day, once that is swept up into a dustpan it magically becomes even tastier than new hay and rabbits must then try to steal it back from the human attempting to put it in a bin bag! :roll: :lol:

Yep, fresh hay is the best thing ever... Well there is one kind if hay that can beat it, the old ratty hay that they have been completely ignoring and sitting on all day, once that is swept up into a dustpan it magically becomes even tastier than new hay and rabbits must then try to steal it back from the human attempting to put it in a bin bag! :roll: :lol:

Yup :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: - YES!!!

Back