• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 More Losses Imminent

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Zac- Aged 10- In Congestive Heart Failure, worsening symptoms and significant weight loss :cry:

Bobbie- Aged 8- Chronic Respiratory Tract Disease-In early hours of this morning she choked and stopped breathing :cry: Managed to clear her airways and get her breathing again, but she is not at all well :cry:

Colonel Colin- Aged 8- Losing use of back end due to degenerative arthritis of the spine :cry:

Rodney-Aged 9- Showing signs of chronic renal failure :cry:

I will absolutely never have any more Rabbits. The heartbreak is too much for me

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry:

It must be overwhelming and too emotionally draining for you. Most of us find it hard losing one.

Sending millions and millions of vibes to Bobbie, The Colonel, Rodney and Zac.

I know it's horrendous, I really do. But look at the ages of those rabbits! Few people can say that they have enjoyed the company of their bunnies into old age, you have given them ALL a wonderful, long life and should be proud. I know it doesn't lessen the grief in any way, but I hope knowing we're all thinking of you and the bunnies is of comfort to you xxx

:( as much as they bring happiness, the illness and losing them is so overwhelming and hard :cry: vibes for them all x

I'm so sorry. I understand so well the stress of watching them become weaker, having to question everything, giving so much of yourself to make sure you get it right for them.. and that's with just one terminally ill bunny (not even sure I did get it right anyway).

Have you 12 rabbits now? One third of them being imminent losses :cry: I think you had about 24 at the start of last year which really puts this into perspective.

Thinking of you and all four precious bunnies that need extra care and nose rubs. Bobbie has a special place in my heart for all she has been through.

I can't imagine life without bunnies but then I've not experienced the losses etc that you have in the last 15 months, it is too much.

The ying and yang of animal ownership :cry:. They bring so much happiness into our lives - and then break our hearts to pieces when they have to leave.

I am so sorry Jane - it's awful what you're going through.:(

Jane, I'm so sorry to see this news. :cry: It's so unfair. I wish there were anything I could do to alter it.
Sending vibes and hugs to you and your lovely bunnies. I hope they can remain comfortable for awhile yet.
(((((((((((((((((Strengthening vibes and Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

It is awful when they all leave together **hugs** And so draining when you are going through the day to day intensive care at the same time as grieving.

Sending vibes for you and all your poorly bunnies.

I struggle to nurse one sick bun - I can't imagine how I would cope with four - but I guess you just have to grit your teeth and get on with it, but it must be incredibly difficult and emotionally draining.

xxxx

It's horrendous them all growing old at the same time. Yours are so lucky to have you & the best care they can possibly get. In another situation, they wouldn't have lived as long or as happily - just with your knowledge & love alone.

It's heart breaking that they are here for such a short time :love:

My bunny numbers are dwindling now. It hurts to lose them & part of my self preservation is to not get more. Plus I know Danny is gonna break my heart one day soon. I'm almost glad I've got Marty cos he might be what I need to get through it.

Vibes to them all :love:

Back