• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rearguard Question?

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I have heard this mentioned in other threads. I hope this is the right place to ask about it.

We'll be moving down to California before the year is out. The bunnies are supposed to be being lodged, along with the cats on the opposite side, in an outdoor enclosed porch/run setup that is currently just in the planning stages. They have always ever been indoor buns with the exception of Mimzy living outside when we first got him until winter threatened. The access to the area will be off the house, but not IN the house, if I'm hearing it right.

I worry, especially with Mimzy having tilt and difficulty keeping clean, about flystrike for all of them. There's bound to be enough stress/change/etc that they are going to get messy and, although I'll be doing my best to keep them spotless, this is a whole different climate and I'm certain there's going to be more flies/other insects I'm going to have to start worrying about now that I haven't before with them being indoors. As my OH is highly allergic to the bunnies, there is no chance that they may continue to live inside with us. (And there is a distinct chance I'll just go outside and live in their shed with them! :roll:)

I can't find any similar product to Rearguard here in the states. Does anyone happen to know if it can be imported? And if so, how exactly is it used? Cost is not a factor as I want the bunnies, and probably the cats also, protected as well as possible.

I appreciate any and all replies. I'm quite at a loss in this regard, I've never had to concern myself with it before. Now it's got me scared to death. Many thankies in advance! :D xxxx

F10 wound spray can be used for treatment/prevention of flystrike. you have to use it weekly, but it is a very good product. one of the places you can get it is meadowsanimalhealthcare.co.uk and they have an international online shop :)

Im pretty sure beaphar products are available in the US and they do a flyguard spray.

Rearguard is prescription only so you would need to contact a vet to see if they have anything similar available x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back