• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you let them have their first date?

Rexripley

Mama Doe
So Harley and Dexter are now in separate areas in the spare room with panels between them and I'll be swapping their sides every night. Dexter was only neutered last week so not sure if it's too soon to introduce them. Harley is neutered so no chance of babies but he might try mount her and might put her off him
Any suggestions ?

He will still have hormones raging for a good few weeks yet, I would be patient or you might spoil it for the future :wave:

He will still have hormones raging for a good few weeks yet, I would be patient or you might spoil it for the future :wave:

Thought that would be the answer, I think a few weeks of side swapping, see how they get on through the bars is the best way to do this :) thanks:)

A week after neutering is the best time for introductions. He will only have one thing on his mind and it won't be fighting. The doe is more likely to be upset with a buck that doesn't jump all over her.

Put them together in a carrier for a couple of hours to get the edge off and then into a bigger neutral space for a few days.

I did one today and they are fine and I feel safe leaving them where I can't hear them overnight despite a dodgy start when he kept biting her. If the atmosphere had been different they would have spent the night in a dog carrier at the foot of my bed where I could intervene if necessary.

Back