• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rampant rabbits

Sarah1989

Warren Veteran
Why is it that I have four bunnies - one who never humps and is never humped (Blueberry), Slipper who is almost constantly humped by the other two, but never humps in return, Blackavar who loves to hump only Slipper and Badger who loves humping both Slipper & Blackavar?

I'm quite confused by these bunnies! Blackavar tends to just sit there & let Badger get on with it whilst Slipper runs away. Whilst I've written this, I've even had a conga line of Slipper, Blackavar & Badger, all happily humping away!! :shock:

Only Blackavar & Badger make the little grunting noises as well.

Everyone, but Badger is neutered to confuse matters! Badger has been hastily booked in for the snip on Monday! (Long story why he's been delayed and not done at the same time as his brother - Blueberry)

Blackavar is an ex stud bunny I rescued from a BYB and had the snip in October, Slipper & Blueberry were done before then. He's still acting like an unneutered boy today! I've seen him binky & spray everywhere at the same time as well.

One very confused bunny mummy!

Oh & here are some cute photos of the little deviants I just got as well:

a4umu6ah.jpg

pehyhyve.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had to split them up, I couldn't bear the thought of two horny bunnies hanging up on the the other two & possibly causing a fight! :?

I've had to split them up, I couldn't bear the thought of two horny bunnies hanging up on the the other two & possibly causing a fight! :?

I wouldn't split them tbh, Levi and Daisy are much more humpy than normal but it's not doing them any harm and they still snuggle up together. If you split them they will just have to reassertion dominance later.

Thought it probably was;) ...... funny that no-one else has picked up on it (perhaps they are too polite!) :lol:

I noticed but didn't want to say!

Personally I wouldn't separate unless there was serious fighting going on. Humping is just their way of sorting out dominance.

I noticed but didn't want to say!

Personally I wouldn't separate unless there was serious fighting going on. Humping is just their way of sorting out dominance.

It was just that Badger & Blackavar were both chasing Slipper and humping him and Badger was trying to hump Blackavar as well. This was quite constant and they've never done it before, they've been fine. Once Blackavar started humping Blueberry, that was it, all back in their cages. Badger & Blueberry already live together so for some reason Badger doesn't hump Blueberry. He's booked on for the snip on Monday anyways, finally.

Thought it probably was;) ...... funny that no-one else has picked up on it (perhaps they are too polite!) :lol:

Ha, ha, didn't see this thread til just now. Was going to suggest you were in the wrong section.

Will is scatty at the mo. Yesterday morning he was tearing round the run. Nancy went and sat in the hutch. He followed her in and just kept jumping over her, my son and me counted 18 times without dropping.

They've both gone mad for hay, preferring it to their rabbit Royale. Will had so much in his mouth after his mad session it looked like one of those sticky outy moustaches. Of course by the time I was ready to get a pic he'd eaten it:roll:

Ha, ha, didn't see this thread til just now. Was going to suggest you were in the wrong section.

Will is scatty at the mo. Yesterday morning he was tearing round the run. Nancy went and sat in the hutch. He followed her in and just kept jumping over her, my son and me counted 18 times without dropping.

They've both gone mad for hay, preferring it to their rabbit Royale. Will had so much in his mouth after his mad session it looked like one of those sticky outy moustaches. Of course by the time I was ready to get a pic he'd eaten it:roll:

Hehe, no if it was about the other kind, I would put an adult warning, this is just my warped sense of humour! :lol:

Back