• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help!!!!! my rabbits aren't getting on!

I'm really hoping someone can help me here! I have 2 bonded neutered lop rabbits, 1 male thumper (2yrs) 1 female pebbles (8 months) and we have just rescued a dwarf rabbit (unneutured female) who was being mistreated sugar (approx 2 yrs), we have done everything we can to make it stress free in the bonding scenario and have done everything to the book, but my female lop pebbles keeps on attacking sugar :( pulling her fur out and chasing her. Because sugar is stressed she has now taken to attacking me!!! and i know she is not like this normally, please someone tell me what i can do, i know the obvious is getting her spayed, but i need something for the time being to help this situation. Please help :(

Did you introduce the new rabbit into your other rabbit's territory as this is why she keeps attacking her. Unfortunately you will have to keep your new rabbit separate for the time being. When she is spayed and rested, you will have to try to bond them all in a neutral area where none of them has been before. For more bonding advice come back nearer the time.

I would advise no further attempts at bonding until your new rabbit is neutered otherwise you could spoil any chance of getting them to bond successfully. When she has been neutered, give her hormones chance to settle - about 6 weeks - and then try again in an area none of the bunnies has been.

thanks babsie, i thought that might be the case, its just annoying because the new rabbit obviously hates being on her own bless her! but i also don't want to stress the other rabbits as well

Back