• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do I do?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
When I am actually going to put my 2 pairs together in the shed, I plan on getting each pair in a carrier/box then releasing them together. Do u think I should let them sit in the shed in the carriers for a bit first so they can smell/see each other and the new environment? Or will this just stress them out? Am I better to just set the carriers down and open them up straight away?? I'm bonding straight into the shed, no pens or anything, this decision has already been made after research and advice sought... It is literally what I do at that moment of putting them in that I'm not sure about?!

I would do the same as you plan to do. I would give them lots of hay, plenty of treats on hand etc. Start really early so you have all day to monitor them. I have never done a quad so can't think of any other advice! Good luck!

Just thought, you could try the small space bond method within the shed, I really don't know which would be the best.

I would block off the steps to start off with. If there is chasing, they could easily fall off the top in panic. Give them a chance to chase on the flat and see how it goes.

Are you planning on sleeping in the shed with them because I had to stay with my quad for a couple of nights and I thought it was an easy bond?

Good luck :wave:

Thanks for the replies but it was more just what to do initially, leave them in carriers for a bit to get used to the smells, or just let them straight out? I'm going to see how they go, I can't see them running up to the upper level anyway if they're chasing around but will see. I'll be sitting in the shed with them to start with and I'll be around all day to keep check on them. I've got a video baby monitor so I can keep an eye on them!

Back