• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Mr Fluffy!

Domino27

Mama Doe
Well Mr Fluffy has let his depression take over in the form of not keeping an eye on his ear mites. I'd noticed he kept shaking his head and scratching at one of his ears all the time but still eating, flopping etc. Anyway tried to look myself but he's a struggler and hairy like there's no tomorrow I decided a trip to the vets was in order. Well he cost me more than Domino ever did at her worst..!

His ears are blocked up with wax and the one causing the most issues appears to have an infection in as well. Vet said this has probably gone hand in hand with losing his wifeybun and instead of it being a physical thing that stops him keeping on eye on his mites it's a mental one and they've taken over. So he got some spot on stuff to kill any on the outside and 2 weeks of baytril (ml twice a day).

Now I had to wrap him in a towel for his meds to stop him kicking off (he lunged at the vet (hahah) before jumping and climbing onto me for dear life), and I must have very well behaved buns as he, like Domino did, lapped and licked away at the syringe of baytril and took it like a good old bun he is. He got mint leaves after as a treat as the facial expression told me it must not taste very nice.

Poor old bun, as he's a rescue I'm not quite sure how old he is but I know I will have had him for 4 years this coming June, I've guestimated I got him about 6 months in as he was neutered then but I dunno. Never had any health issues with him at all, always eaten his hay and food. Poor little depressed guy.

Hope Mr Fluffy soon gets better from his ear mites. They can be horrible as I have seen pictures of rabbits suffering with them.

Thanks, medicine time is "fun". He's learnt how to bury his head under the towel now to stop nasty antibiotic time. Not what I want to be dealing with before and after work but hey, needs must. He's still munching away and doesn't seem to be in pain as much any more (queue flops and being nosey again) so think the meds are starting to work.

Thanks, medicine time is "fun". He's learnt how to bury his head under the towel now to stop nasty antibiotic time. Not what I want to be dealing with before and after work but hey, needs must. He's still munching away and doesn't seem to be in pain as much any more (queue flops and being nosey again) so think the meds are starting to work.

:shock: and there are some who refuse to believe that bunnies are smart. I beg to differ - As mr Fluffy clearly demonstrates... ;) not much fun for you though... The things us hoomin slaves must go through... :lol:

I'm glad the meds seem to be taking effect though. :thumb:

:shock: and there are some who refuse to believe that bunnies are smart. I beg to differ - As mr Fluffy clearly demonstrates... ;) not much fun for you though... The things us hoomin slaves must go through... :lol:

I'm glad the meds seem to be taking effect though. :thumb:

hahah yeah. I got him really tightly wrapped up and he managed to pull and kick the towel top over his head and buried himself in it to stop the syringe going anywhere near his mouth. He's definitely not stoooopid! ;)

Back